Thread: Leduc-Nisku EDA flying high

C2E SME

Default Leduc-Nisku EDA flying high

Leduc-Nisku EDA flying high
    Group marks 25 years of innovation, growth

By David Finlayson, The Edmonton Journal
    March 21, 2009 8:02 AM

The oilpatch was in the tank, and Leduc city and county were lobbing jurisdictional bombs at each other almost on a daily basis.

So John Barnard invited 40 people from both sides to breakfast, even offering to pay.

"I think about 20 showed up and they wanted to know why they were there. I said just to talk to each other."

That was the start of the now-legendary Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Authority monthly breakfasts that routinely draw close to 400 people to eat, hear a speaker and, well, talk to each other.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...163/story.html
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

If you have never attended one of their legendary breakfasts I would encourage you to. The only issue I have with them is that they start at 07:00. That is 7 am! Since I am almost in St. Albert getting there on time can be (is always) tricky and problematic for me. It is always worth it though.

What does it cost to attend? Breakfast is my favorite meal and a little networking for dessert is always great.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Addicted to C2E

$10

More info here