Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 Federal Election Forum This Forum is to gather all topics and discussions around the 2011 Federal Election. This was born out of the Jimbo thread entitled the "real issues". This forum will be archived 1 week after the end of the election.

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > C2E Cafe > Archived event-specific forums > 2011 Federal Election Forum

Old 13-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Admin
Forum Administrator

Default Federal Platorms on Health Care

Discuss and debate the varying platforms on Health Care here.
Old 24-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Jimbo
Addicted to C2E

Not one post here. I know it's mostly a provincial responsibility, but Iggy and the Liberals have been bringing it up.
Old 24-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
nosheep
Partially Addicted to C2E

I'm concerned about them suspending our Canada health act.
Old 24-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

Health Care is important and like most of canadians , I want to be sure that I will have quality medical care when I need it and that it will not ruin my family. All parties argee with this, lets move on. It is one issue in a campaign. There are many others.

I am tired of the issue being brought front and centre every election and defining our nation by our right to occupy hospital beds. Canada is more than this. We really need to be focussing on Health rather than Health care , otherwise it is a never ending spiral of cost and eternal partisan discussion.
Old 24-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Jimbo
Addicted to C2E

I agree with focusing on health rather than health care. I'd be interested in hearing how you propose to do that.

And, as for moving on, I bumped this thread because I wanted to move on to something of substance, rather that the same old "leader X is evil/an *****/wears lipstick/doesn't care about Canadians/etc BS.

So ... in the spirit of focusing on heath, how about a tax write off for gym memberships?
Old 24-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
nosheep
Partially Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I agree with focusing on health rather than health care. I'd be interested in hearing how you propose to do that.

And, as for moving on, I bumped this thread because I wanted to move on to something of substance, rather that the same old "leader X is evil/an *****/wears lipstick/doesn't care about Canadians/etc BS.

So ... in the spirit of focusing on heath, how about a tax write off for gym memberships?
Would my golf membership be included in that?
Old 24-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
moahunter
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosheep View Post
I'm concerned about them suspending our Canada health act.
The Liberals cut health transfer payments last time they were in power, but I doubt they would suspend the Canada health act.