Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Ed Need to find something in Edmonton? Have a question about moving, travelling or living here? This is the place to get answers from people who know.

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > C2E Features > Ask Ed

Old 21-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
divajgc
First One is Always Free

Default Any Ed restaurants with a homestyle turkey dinner option for American Thanksgiving?

I did some googling but nothing came up.
I am looking for a restaurant anywhere in Edmonton that serves up a nice homestyle roast turkey dinner for this Thursday, Nov 26, 2009, to take some friends to and celebrate American Thanksgiving as some of them are away from home. I would like a restaurant with a nice atmosphere or a bit fancy, not a diner.
Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any restaurants offering that option this Thursday?
Thank you so much!
divajgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Top_Dawg
Addicted to C2E

Teddy's restaurant on 114 Street & Jasper Avenue make a good turkey dinner. It is one of their menu items available everyday and they do a good job at it.

Top_Dawg suggests that you order it ' easy on the gravy ' or with gravy on the side because depending on who's cooking it can come smothered with too much gravy.

God bless America !

Cheers !
Top_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
kcantor
Addicted to C2E
Mr. Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by divajgc View Post
I did some googling but nothing came up.
I am looking for a restaurant anywhere in Edmonton that serves up a nice homestyle roast turkey dinner for this Thursday, Nov 26, 2009, to take some friends to and celebrate American Thanksgiving as some of them are away from home. I would like a restaurant with a nice atmosphere or a bit fancy, not a diner.
Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any restaurants offering that option this Thursday?
Thank you so much!
i would call some of the hotels such as the mac or sutton place whose dining rooms may be catering to american guests to see if they could accommodate you as well, particularly as most of them are already in the christmas party season and preparing and serving lots of traditional turkey.

and even if not "on the menu" most better restaurants will consider a "special request" with a bit of notice although i'm not sure if 3 days is enough - you might call some of them including jessie at the blue pear (c2e plug) for some specific feedback in that area...
really just cranky, miserable and disagreeable on principle but happy to have earned the title anyway; downtown arena fan; edmonton 2017 world's fair and edmonton indy supporter; proponent of "edmonton works"
kcantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
divajgc
First One is Always Free

Default Thank you! - Teddy's it is.

Thanks very much!

I called Sutton Place and Fairmont hotels and neither of their restaurants are offering a turkey dinner for American Thanksgiving.
Took a look at the Teddy's website (www.teddys.ca) and their dinner menu and that turkey dinner with all the fixings is exactly what we are looking for, so that is where we will go.

Thanks again!
divajgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Blue Plate Diner(north of jasper and 104st) also have 'family dinning' specials which often have turkey etc. You could try to contact them as well to see if they can put that on the menu for you for it is a step up in experience and atmosphere.

'Don't just slap a picture in & call it content. That's like slapping a big wing on a Honda and calling it a race car.' - noodle

www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton
IanO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #6
North Guy66
Addicted to C2E

A sign outside Four Points Sheraton at 75st. and Argyll Road is offering deep fried turkey and NFL football on American Thanksgiving.
North Guy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
RealSportsNC
First One is Always Free

Default American Thanksgiving being served

I just confirmed that the Weson is service a full course turkey dinner from 5 - 9 pm this Thursday. Best call ahead for reservations.
RealSportsNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
MylesC
Addicted to C2E

I'll guess that's the Westin...but in case not I just checked and Pradera will be having a turkey supper for $26.
Old 24-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
RealSportsNC
First One is Always Free

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

My bad...yes thats correct the Westin Edmonton...
RealSportsNC is offline   Reply With Quote