Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Air/Rail Links Edmonton continues to improve its ranking as a major transportation hub for northern Canada and beyond. New air routes, more cargo, Port Alberta, a major rail operations centre and the related infrastructure are all part of this increasingly critical component of the regionís economic growth. Contribute your ideas and comments here.

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > Growing Edmonton > Air/Rail Links

Old 07-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #1601
JayBee
Addicted to C2E

^^ No Biggie.

^ and ^^ Yeah, if you're cramped up for 7+ hours AC is much better than the U.S. carriers or the Canadian charter companies. But if you're flying overseas, in most cases you have an equally convenient overseas carrier who beats AC by just as much.

In our City, AC's only advantage is LHR, and LHR only. If you're going anywhere else or have to transfer beyond LHR, you can find better options.

But contrasting Edmonton's nation leading passenger growth with AC's continually worse service vis Š vis similar markets is not in any business textbook I've seen. Their behaviour, exemplified also by the ridiculously condescending letter from Derek Vanstone, I repeat, is not based on business decision making.

Going forward indefinitely, I will absolutely continue to go out of my way to avoid them.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #1602
McBoo
Addicted to C2E

Just thinking, Icelandair gives us Prime Minister Sigmunder David Gunnlaugsson and a Taste of Iceland ...

Air Canada gives us Dagmar Vaneprick and a flying fickled finger ....

Who's PR campaign are you betting on?
Old 19-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #1603
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

I love games. In this one - you can try YYC and YEG and see what comes up

http://www.therouteshop.com/route-lette/
Old 19-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #1604
The_Cat
Addicted to C2E

They have Edmonton as YEA, and St. John's International Airport (YYT) as the only needed connection.
Old 19-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #1605
The_Cat
Addicted to C2E

Nine unserved routes (http://www.therouteshop.com/profiles/edmonton-airport/)
Old 20-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #1606
davidnorwoodink
Addicted to C2E

One of those 'unserved' routes is wrong: we have non-stop service to New York (Newark).
Old 20-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #1607
McBoo
Addicted to C2E

^^Taking those unserved numbers and dividing by 350 (dunno what metal seats exactly 350, but seemed like a reasonable number), YEG would support:

491 flights/year to Hawaii
428 flights/year to Frankfurt (better than one/day)
428 frlights/year to Hong Kong

Man, we're sure making other people's airports busy!
Old 20-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #1608
Drumbones
Addicted to C2E

Ya like YVR. Let's get non-stop to Hong Kong happening already.
Drumbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #1609
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

Since EIA is paying a fee to subscribe to "the route shop" lets hope they read these posts and get their info placement corrected. I see the pic of Carol H's front and centre there with lots of old information. Surely they look and check to see their info is current??
Old 20-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #1610
Jarrod
Partially Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
Since EIA is paying a fee to subscribe to "the route shop" lets hope they read these posts and get their info placement corrected. I see the pic of Carol H's front and centre there with lots of old information. Surely they look and check to see their info is current??
I agree. I don't think this info is current. Nothing has changed in the last three years.
This website seems to be losing its relevance.
It also mentions Orlando and Maui as unserved routes. They may not be served all year but they should be classified as under served.
Jarrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #1611
JayBee
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
^^Taking those unserved numbers and dividing by 350 (dunno what metal seats exactly 350, but seemed like a reasonable number), YEG would support:

qft.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #1612
chupa
Addicted to C2E

A tad early for winter 2014/15 flights but Sunwing has already began releasing its new sun program for next winter.

This summer see's Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Montego bay and Varadero as year round destinations.

Winter see's the addition of Punta Cana D.R and Liberia C.R added in addition to the return of Freeport Bahamas and Beefed up service to its existing sun routes (Cancun etc), I will post the full sched's shortly.
chupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #1613
MrClean
First One is Always Free

Quote:

While the all-encompassing and most exciting airline to service all of these routes would be Virgin Atlantic, I doubt very much that we could realistically expect a presence from them until our numbers are closer to the 15 million passengers/year mark, considering they pulled out of YYZ.

Westjet with their current fleet couldn't safely pull off YEG-HNL, but with a 737-700ER they could. And there has been recent discussion of dry leasing some 767s or A330s when their wet lease 757s runs out.

FRA - Lufthansa? British Airways? Or should we extend some loyalty to our new friends in Iceland? There's some big trade potential here with Harper's recent energy talks with Germany.

HKG - Cathay Pacific? This route would undoubtedly be a cash cow as the first non-stop to Aisia, with all the students and foreign workers we attract.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #1614
24karat
Addicted to C2E

I'd love to see Singapore Airlines serve our area to Asia.
Old 28-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #1615
Ustauk
Addicted to C2E

Someone from the new Fort McMurray airport was on Ched today. Apparently they are in talks with United for a direct flight to Chicago, and are in the market for additional flights to Vegas and a sun destination in addition to Puerto Vallerta.
Ustauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #1616
Brentk
Addicted to C2E

That would be good for YMM. Right now on united they either go through DEN or YYC
Brentk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #1617
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

There are dark investment clouds looming over the CDN oilpatch...and if it rains that terminal will be a ghost town...let's hope not.
Old 28-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #1618
chupa
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
Someone from the new Fort McMurray airport was on Ched today. Apparently they are in talks with United for a direct flight to Chicago, and are in the market for additional flights to Vegas and a sun destination in addition to Puerto Vallerta.
Yep, Cancun is in the cards for winter 2014/15 from YMM as a weekly seasonal flight.
Old 29-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #1619
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Noticed there were three IAH flights today. Is this usual?
Old 29-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #1620
TheGreatestX
Addicted to C2E

Probably an extra one to handle extra spring break traffic.
TheGreatestX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #1621
TheGreatestX
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Kamloops Airport officials are trying to set the wheels in motion for a direct flight to Edmonton - operated by Air Canada Jazz. Airport Manager Fred Legace says a number of local officials met with Air Canada brass last week - and told them that the Edmonton connection is becoming more and more important for Kamloops travellers. Legace says another meeting is set up next month to discuss the more technical aspects of setting up a route into the Alberta capital.
http://www.cfjctv.com/story.php?id=18776
Old 04-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #1622
Hilman
Addicted to C2E

Hopefully they get a flight to Kamloops, I would have put money on Westjet Encore doing it before AC.
Hilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #1623
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

There are a number of smaller centres in BC and the west which would like to have direct service to Edmonton based upon a workforce which works in the Alberta Oil Economy.

WestJet encore is ideally suited for this market , however it also seems focused on stretching this network nationally at this time . It is ordering extra aircraft and a lot of expectations are this will be focused eastward.

I think that there is great opportunity for some carriers which already know this market well to step in an provide the service and earn the loyalty . I am thinking of carriers like North Cariboo , Flair air , Enerjet , and Hawkair in BC to step into the regional market and gain share .

By the looks of it , it would appear that North Cariboo has ordered a small fleet of Q400 , the same aircraft that Encore flies.

http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Air...th+Cariboo+Air
Hull534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #1624
chupa
Addicted to C2E

Indeed they have already taken the Q400's and have been using them on YYC and YEG to the north oil centres already on contracted crew changes.

These machines came from a European carrier who was dumping them on the market. I believe it was 4 or 5 machines in total.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #1625
AAAAE
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
Quote:
Kamloops Airport officials are trying to set the wheels in motion for a direct flight to Edmonton - operated by Air Canada Jazz. Airport Manager Fred Legace says a number of local officials met with Air Canada brass last week - and told them that the Edmonton connection is becoming more and more important for Kamloops travellers. Legace says another meeting is set up next month to discuss the more technical aspects of setting up a route into the Alberta capital.
http://www.cfjctv.com/story.php?id=18776
Air Canada must be shocked that any one would want to fly to Edmonton
AAAAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #1626
chupa
Addicted to C2E

Another carrier that Kamloops should be talking to is Central mountain air. They operate the Dornier 328 and a dash-8-300 that could be suitable for the route.

They also have announced they will be ending the YYC-YXS route in June freeing up some fleet availability.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #1627
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

It looks like Central mountain switching Calgary to PG with its wholly owned carrier Hawk Air , so basically staying in house. I just wonder why CMA , Hawk Air and Northern Thunderbird don't just merge and form a single strong regional carrier and connect Alberta to the BC Centres ( Penticton , Kamloops , Nanaimo, Campbell River ,Cranbrook, Terrace etc) which strongly desire direct to Edmonton and Alberta connections ? They seem to be skirting this market.

http://www.hawkair.ca/calgary
Old 05-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #1628
Drumbones
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull534 View Post
It looks like Central mountain switching Calgary to PG with its wholly owned carrier Hawk Air , so basically staying in house. I just wonder why CMA , Hawk Air and Northern Thunderbird don't just merge and form a single strong regional carrier and connect Alberta to the BC Centres ( Penticton , Kamloops , Nanaimo, Campbell River ,Cranbrook, Terrace etc) which strongly desire direct to Edmonton and Alberta connections ? They seem to be skirting this market.

That would be very interesting. I think tho as several small carriers they fly under the radar so to speak without hinderance from the majors, however if they joined and became a force then AC and Westjet would be doing all in their power to knock them out of contension. All of these cities and YEG make sense to me.

Last edited by Drumbones; 05-04-2014 at 04:17 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #1629
Drumbones
Addicted to C2E

I am particularly waiting for a non stop flight to Asia as we fly to SGN often. YEG to HKG or any other Hub.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #1630
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Quote:

What is the problem? RichardS suggested in another thread that the AC LHR flight could spur domestic connections. It hasn't for the past six years and quite frankly I don't see it happening in the near future in spite of the request from Kamloops.
Westjet did a good job of providing domestic connections and the conventional wisdom was we would at least get Kamloops once Encore started up. Did not happen. Seems like a no brainier for these smaller airlines to fill the gap with what appears to be a lucrative route or two or five. They haven't taken up the opportunity for some reason.
I find it quite disturbing that YEG, for what ever reason, cannot attract new domestic routes. Wishing for an Asian route as a stand lone service with few domestic connections does not sound like a winning formula to me.
As the old saying goes "take care of your pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves"
Old 06-04-2014, 05:13 AM   #1631
Drumbones
Addicted to C2E

Or vice versa ?
Old 06-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #1632
TheGreatestX
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
Wishing for an Asian route as a stand lone service with few domestic connections does not sound like a winning formula to me.
Yet Icelandair has no domestic connections out of YEG and they apparently do have a winning formula. An Asian route would be no different.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #1633
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

^ WestJet and Icelandair have an interline agreement.

http://www.icelandair.ca/information...ca_and_europe/
Old 06-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #1634
TheGreatestX
Addicted to C2E

WestJet also has interline agreements with 10 Asian airlines. If one of them were to set-up shop here, there would be no difference than Icelandair starting here.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #1635
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
^ WestJet and Icelandair have an interline agreement.

http://www.icelandair.ca/information...ca_and_europe/
Icelandair also has an interline agreement with AC and Porter as well as many other airlines - just like other airline do with Icelandair. But only have 2 code share agreements: Scandinavian and Finnair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland...ine_agreements

Last edited by EdmTrekker; 06-04-2014 at 12:00 PM..
EdmTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #1636
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Quote:
Wishing for an Asian route as a stand lone service with few domestic connections does not sound like a winning formula to me.
Yet Icelandair has no domestic connections out of YEG and they apparently do have a winning formula. An Asian route would be no different.
Far from being no different there are few similarities. There are no direct non stop flights form Asian carriers to Alberta as of yet. If I were Cathay Pacific for instance I would want to connect to the airport that has all the connections in western Canada rather than an airport that has some much like KLM, BA and a number of European carriers did when they entered the Alberta market.
Icelandair are filling a gap in this large developed market.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #1637
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
Or vice versa ?
AC LHR flight did not. Having so many charter flights to the Oilsands with connecting flights all over Canada should have generated more domestic connections but so far it has not. It is early days but Icelandair has failed to generate new domestic destinations. In fact we are falling further and further behind. So what is it going to take?
Old 06-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #1638
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

^ I don't think that the full impact of the Oil sands air trade has really resonated with the commercial carriers ( although it should ). At any time on a flight to , Kelowna, Victoria or Comox you can easily identify the workers. The increase in FIFO has really accelerated since companies have realized its advantages in time and safety. It is not just construction any more, it is operational staff , an ongoing long term market . I know of one company strip which moves in the neighborhood of 400K pax per year, a big chunk of them through Edmonton. You would think that carriers would want to serve a market of travelers which travel weekly or bi- weekly on a permanent basis.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #1639
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
^ You would think that carriers would want to serve a market of travelers which travel weekly or bi- weekly on a permanent basis.
A no brainier one would think. So why haven't they?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #1640
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
Or vice versa ?
AC LHR flight did not. Having so many charter flights to the Oilsands with connecting flights all over Canada should have generated more domestic connections but so far it has not. It is early days but Icelandair has failed to generate new domestic destinations. In fact we are falling further and further behind. So what is it going to take?
Icelandair has been operating all of 1 month. Their mission is flights to KEF and beyond and that is very successful...as there is some indication the flight will go daily.
EIA is doing its best with AC and the Calgary based airline to expand domestic service...maybe WestJet is not the princess some people think it is
Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #1641
Hilman
Addicted to C2E

Thumbs up

Quote:
WestJet Encore heads to Kamloops

Non-stop daily service to Edmonton. All in favour, say fly.

CALGARY, April 11, 2014 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced the launch of daily, non-stop WestJet Encore service between Edmonton and Kamloops, starting February 15, 2015. Quick, convenient flights to the heart of the Okanagan mean guests can save their driving for the golf course.

"We are delighted to grow our service in Kamloops," said Ferio Pugliese, President, WestJet Encore. "Daily service to Kamloops provides easy access to the many business and leisure opportunities thriving in this vibrant community, while also providing friendly, affordable air travel options to guests in the area and non-stop access to the broader WestJet network."

Kamloops, known as Canada's Tournament Capital, is home to more than 80,000 people and boasts the best of the Okanagan lifestyle with 82 parks, more than 200 lakes within an hour's drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 golf courses. Recently ranked in the top five Micro American Cities of the Future, Kamloops offers a thriving business environment, relaxed lifestyle, warm climate and more than 2,000 hours of sunshine annually.

Beginning this February, the opportunity to enjoy the desert plateaus, lush river valleys, pine forests, lakes and snow-capped mountains is about to get a whole lot easier.

Details of WestJet Encore's new daily, non-stop service between Kamloops and Edmonton are:

Flight Departing Arriving Effective
3221 Edmonton at 2:45 p.m. Kamloops at 3:15 p.m. February 15, 2015
3220 Kamloops at 3:45 p.m. Edmonton at 6:01 p.m. February 15, 2015
http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=869
Hilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #1642
JustYeggin
Addicted to C2E

^ Feb 2015....really? I think there's more to this. The talk was that AC would be stepping in and providing the service. Looks like WS is preventing AC from offering the service.
JustYeggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #1643
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

This definitely looks like a bow to the pressure as they were planning to announce additional Encore destinations in May . Feb next year is still a long way off. They also announced Calgary to Penticton starting this October. Will watch developments in these secondary markets with interest if Encore is feeling the competitive forces breathing down their neck .
Old 11-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #1644
Brentk
Addicted to C2E

There has to be something behind this one. You wonder if their protecting turf from smaller regionals, Air Canada, or an upstart. I expect we see some more regional announcements from both airlines, plus we have more and more communities requesting service to YEG (Naniamo http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/news...onton-1.848529 to give an examplel[/url])

Last edited by Brentk; 11-04-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 11-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #1645
McBoo
Addicted to C2E

LMAO, yeah, WS moving in on Kamloops to keep AC out 'cause, like AC is in such a rush to add new service to Edmonton.

I think February 2015 is the date because that's when they'll have the metal.

Who knows, by then, maybe Kamloopians, err, Kamloopers, (whatever) will be able to interline/codeshare at YEG with Icelandair and British Airways. Oh, and AA too.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #1646
Brentk
Addicted to C2E

Those flight times are purely for o&D and domestic traffic.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #1647
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Default Never look a gift horse on the mouth

6.00 arrival at YEG seems a bit late to make connections to the oilsands. What time do those flights leave?
Old 11-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #1648
JayBee
Addicted to C2E

Good to see for at least local demand. Hope it's year-round.

Not optimal for the "Edmonton Hub" concept, but basically until a domestic airline chooses to make Edmonton their priority, we won't have anything but accidental hubbing going on.

This announcement isn't that announcement.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #1649
240GLT
Addicted to C2E

Great news. There are a lot of ex- Edmontonians in Kamloops. Also, most Kamloopsians currently travel to Vancouver for further out destinations. Perhaps this will encourage some to travel out of EIA
Old 11-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #1650
Brentk
Addicted to C2E

It's also a great announcement for companies in the region (YEG) that have employees that commute between here and BC. The labour force in BC is great, and the easier for our neighbours to get home/here the better it is for our economy to expand.

I hope AC, WS, and others continue to expand flights to BC from YEG as it is underserved.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #1651
McBoo
Addicted to C2E

Going by the departure schedule today - Kamloopsians could connect via WS to:

Grande Prairie @ 7:20 pm
Winnipeg @ 7:40 pm, or
Saskatoon @ 8:50 pm.

Oddly, the next flight via WS to Toronto isn't till 12:30 a.m.

All subject to tweaking by next February, granted.

Be a bit of a rush, likely too much in fact, but with tweaking could connect with Icelandair (currently 6:25 p.m.) and should BA replace AC on the LHR route, codeshare connect - approx. 7:45 p.m.

Last edited by McBoo; 11-04-2014 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Googled Kamloops - Kamloopsians is what they call themselves
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #1652
chupa
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
6.00 arrival at YEG seems a bit late to make connections to the oilsands. What time do those flights leave?
The flights to the various oilsands sites leave throughout the day from YEG from the various FBO's.

Canadian North has opened its own dedicated Terminal built into the former spar hanger and operates several times daily. A quick look on Flightaware shows 5 flights today alone by Canadian North to the CNRL site (Ft.Mckay).

Lots activity through the day by the various operators.

Last edited by chupa; 11-04-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Old 11-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #1653
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

^ in addition Suncor is running RJ flights out of the old Spar hanger beside Canadian North OS operations. Shell has greatly increased its flight numbers on Dash 8's and the Embrear 175 since January and will soon be operating out of an expanded aero centre with a 400 Pax lounge. Meg energy , Cenovus and Larcina also run out of this area . I would appear that North cariboo and Enerjet active also in the industrial section of the airport.

Future developments in NE BC gas as well as Carmon Creek in Peace river will add to this traffic flow.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #1654
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

WestJet media release says Kamloops is in the central Okanogan. With that kind of brain power at Westjet no wonder it has taken so long to have then provide the flight. Glad they are announcing a flight in 2015 lol but 2 flights a day are needed. I suspect AC will put metal on the route for summer 2014 making Westjet announcement rather ... "trying" as they will need to come from behind...next year.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #1655
TheGreatestX
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
I suspect AC will put metal on the route for summer 2014
Thanks for the chuckle
Old 11-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #1656
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Quote:
I suspect AC will put metal on the route for summer 2014
Thanks for the chuckle
Someone has to add some levity 😝
Old 11-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #1657
Hull534
Addicted to C2E

Agreed ! Additional AC wings directed to Edmonton seems an outlier .

In the Byzantine world of their feeder carriers ( Chorus , Sky Regional , Air Georgian etc.) there seems to be a bit of movement with Georgian merging with Alberta based Regional 1 , they might be planning to parry the growth of Encore in the west .
Old 11-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #1658
Drumbones
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
WestJet media release says Kamloops is in the central Okanogan. With that kind of brain power at Westjet no wonder it has taken so long to have then provide the flight. Glad they are announcing a flight in 2015 lol but 2 flights a day are needed. I suspect AC will put metal on the route for summer 2014 making Westjet announcement rather ... "trying" as they will need to come from behind...next year.
I also was wondering when Kamloops got moved to the central Okanagan

Last edited by Drumbones; 11-04-2014 at 10:41 PM..
Old 18-04-2014, 02:28 AM   #1659
JayBee
Addicted to C2E

Quote:

Be a bit of a rush, likely too much in fact, but with tweaking could connect with Icelandair (currently 6:25 p.m.) and should BA replace AC on the LHR route, codeshare connect - approx. 7:45 p.m.

That's actually quite decent. Like you say, if they finagle both a Fort McMurray and a Toronto flight (which are both frequent enough to finagle) to around 7:30 a lot of transfers would work perfectly well coming from Kamloops.
Old 18-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #1660
Glenco
Addicted to C2E

Quote:

I am quite certain YYZ has a curfew from 23:00 to 06:00 hours. If you do the arithmetic that means one cannot leave any later than about 17:00 hours to beat the deadline.
Old 19-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #1661
JayBee
Addicted to C2E

^ Good point.

Should still work for other connections though.
Old 19-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #1662
chupa
Addicted to C2E

The curfew in place in YYZ doesn't actually close the airport to arrivals or departures. It limits the number of arrivals and departures and uses approaches and lines of departure with the least amount of impact on the surrounding area during the "sensitive" times posted.