Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel and Tourism Are you visiting Edmonton in the near future, or if you live here, do you have ideas about how we can promote ourselves more effectively? What are our best Ė and worst Ė attractions? Post here for information or to provide suggestions!

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > Growing Edmonton > Travel and Tourism

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
booster
Addicted to C2E

Default Ed Tourism Changes

No link but it was from an email sent out to tourism partners. I hope this gives a chance to make the changes that happened after Travel Alberta had some of its longtime senior staff leave.

Tourism Partners

I want to send you an email letting you know that I will be taking on a new role within the senior management team at EEDC, and as a result, after many years in the job, I will no longer be overseeing EEDCís tourism development and industry and visitor services groups. In my new role, I will manage EEDCís government relations program for special initiatives that we are involved in at the corporate level.

I have been Vice-President of Edmonton Tourism for 18 years now and it is my plan to retire in the next year or so. With this in mind, it is a good time to transition to new leadership for the Edmonton Tourism team. And so while I will no longer will be responsible for the tourism groups, I will still be able to advise and help out the tourism team over the next year or so while I am still here.

At least in the near term, it is expected that the organization of Edmonton Tourism will remain much as it is at the present time, with Janna Tominuk leading the tourism development team, Sherry Scott heading up the industry and visitor services team, and Brad Stromberg continuing on as Edmonton Film Commissioner. Until a decision is made on my replacement, each of these teams will be reporting on an interim basis to Cliff Higuchi, Vice President of the Shaw Conference Centre. Jenifer Christenson, Executive Director, External Relations will continue to deliver marketing initiatives and travel media.

It has been a pleasure and an honour and I wish you all the best.

Ken
Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
booster
Addicted to C2E

With Ken Fiske and earlier this year Ron Gilbertson leaving EEDC, this seems to be the opportunity to either inject new vibrant persons into these leadership positions or throw a stick of dynamite into the organization and come up with something new now that we have a leadership vacuum. (although that depends on if you believed there actually was leadership previously)