Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-topic/General Discussion Discussions not covered under the topics we currently have (a place to hang out).

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > C2E Cafe > Off-topic/General Discussion

Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
zooter
First One is Always Free

Default BBQ Natural Gas Hookup

Hi,

I purchased a natural gas bbq and assembled it yesterday. The unit came with a the hoses and connections. However I am having an issue hooking up to my natural gas connection on my deck. I will try to explain:

There is a quick connect fitting which connects the hose to the bbq unit itself. The other end of the hose is intended to connect to my residential natural gas line which is located on my deck. The issue is that the connection at my deck is also a quick connect type connection, and the end of the hose has a threaded connection on it. Do I have to purchase an adapter to get this to work, or do I have to change out the connection on my deck so that the threaded hose connection will work? The gas connection at my deck was installed by the home builder and is per code so there are no issues there..
zooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Old Dawg
Addicted to C2E

Cant see your problem but it sounds like you have the barbeque hose reversed some how.
There should be a female fitting on the deck and a male fitting on the Barbeque. The threaded end probably fits on to the manifold on the barbeque itself.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Big_Daddy
First One is Always Free

Sounds like the bbq hose has a new female end quick coupled to the male hose end. I think they ship you both ends in case you dont have one already.
Big_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote