PDA

View Full Version : Any other members volunteering for the Indy?

24karat
17-07-2008, 08:50 AM
I went to the volunteer orientation meeting Wednesday evening.

One funny thing happened. They were having a prize draw for a ride in the pace car.
The organizers asked a female volunteer to draw a name from the box of names, which she did.

As she headed back to her seat, the person at the mic read the name of the winner.

"Hey, that's my name!" said the girl who drew the winning ticket.

DebraW
17-07-2008, 09:25 AM
^ Not me as my "free time" is stretched so this is one volunteer opportunity I cannot commit to.

Enjoy and thank you to everyone who volunteers for this fantastic event.:smt041

Hint: Look for a new Edmonton Tourism ad, which will premiere during TV spots for the Rexall Edmonton Indy!

luvhockey
22-07-2008, 07:08 AM
What a mess they have. I signed up for the 4 things you wanted the most. They sent me a email (which I hear everybody got) stating you have been assighned one of the 4 picks you have chosen. I get down there and they tell you they have you marked down for some grandstand seating spot. Not on the list. Talked to others there and they all had the same email and none were given one of the 4 spots they asked for.

Barry N
22-07-2008, 07:39 AM
After having endured the poorly organized volunteer program @ Heritage Days a few years ago,I now choose my volunteering a lot more carefully.

24karat
22-07-2008, 10:55 AM
I got what I applied for. Perhaps the choice positions were already filled
when you sent in your application.