PDA

View Full Version : Mayor encourages everyone to help raise Edmonton's profile

gen1977
10-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Article from Mayor Mandel
By: Mayor Stephen Mandel

"In my role as Mayor I have spent my time in many Canadian cities representing Edmonton. It is always great to see peopleís perceptions change about Edmonton when they learn more about our city- whether itís our great arts and culture scene, our leading edge technology and health care research, the beautiful River Valley or just our really good people.

Yet promoting Edmonton is more than a one-person job. If we want our city to continue to grow and be vibrant, we need to attract people here to work, to visit, to live and to invest. With so much competition for peopleís attention these days, we have to help them understand that Edmonton is here and thriving.

With events like the Grand Prix, Capital Ex and the Folk Fest - over 33 festivals each year - we have many reasons for people to visit. With the fastest growing GDP in 2005, there are many reasons to invest here. Our river valley park, 22 times larger than Central Park in New York, is testimony of an excellent quality of life here. We are actively working to promote Edmonton across Canada and internationally because we believe in what we have to offer.

Beyond organized efforts, one of the best ways for us to help people understand more about Edmonton is to promote it personally. Word of mouth is a powerful convincer. Telling colleagues, family and friends about Edmonton and your experiences here will continue the work that our efforts start.

The one thing that continues to amaze me about Edmontonians is our loyalty to our City. No matter where I go, there is an Edmontonian ex-pat excited to reconnect. To all of you connected to this network- thank you for your dedication to Edmonton and for staying connected.

Please feel free to always be in touch with your ideas for how we can continue to raise Edmontonís profile nationally"

RichardS
10-08-2006, 08:58 PM
I would like to thank the Mayor for writing to C2E. There are many things we can do to get Edmonton's profile raised, so let's take some of these ideas and put them to good use!

ChrisD
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Yes, thanks for contributing to the C2E forum Mayor Mandel.

This forum has come a long ways and still has a long ways to go. Thanks to all of those who have posted their thoughts, inquiries, critiques and accolades.

Stay connected and continue to PROMOTE Edmonton.

Cheers

Chris

ThomasH
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I would like to thank Mayor Mandel for doing an excellent job as Mayor of Edmonton. I take alot of pride in Edmonton and will keep on the lookout for new ideas of how to make Edmonton the best city in the world to live in.

DanC
10-08-2006, 09:43 PM
I think I can safely say, "We are just getting started."

Thank you for the support!

WMelhem
11-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks Mayor Mandel. As some of the posts have already said we are just getting started as this city will continue to move forward to a place we wont recognize in the next few years.

MylesC
11-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Many thanks to Mayor Mandel!

Edmonton ain't seen nothing yet 8)

IanO
11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
i havent liked politicians since trudeau, well maybe campbell...ok kidding

Sonic Death Monkey
11-08-2006, 09:33 PM
I'd be even more encouraged if the Mayor has been reading the ideas and concerns being posted on this board. I wouldn't expect Mandel nor the rest of city council to agree with everything here, but if some of our best ideas see some action under the pyramid then C2E would be a truly worthwhile forum.

WMelhem
17-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Sonic Death Monkey, I am quite certain that some of these ideas do get discussed and thats a great thing. Keep rollin Edmonton.