PDA

View Full Version : Obama administration stole dividends from fannie and freddie shareholders

champking
24-07-2017, 04:45 PM
https://www.infowars.com/proof-positive-obama-administration-stole-dividends-from-fannie-and-freddie-shareholders/

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/23/business/fannie-freddie-treasury-lawsuit.html?referer=https://www.google.ca/

andrew
24-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Please. This is 'Connect 2 Edmonton' - not "Push my personal political agenda on a bunch of people that really don't care"

Admin
24-07-2017, 09:08 PM
I did receive a couple report posts on this topic.

If I shut this thread down per se, then I need to shut down the other political threads that push people's ideological and/or personal agenda. This is a two way street.

Freedom of speech is not free, nor is it only the domain for opinions you like. If this information proves out to be a lot like other information from several biased sources (on all sides of the political spectrum), then the discussion will naturally die.

C2E has the ignore feature, and also, you simply don't need to reply to the stuff you don't think is worth replying to.

Thanks.

KC
25-07-2017, 07:25 AM
The subject line is typical of people with an axe to grind. Silly actually. The US government (Bush and Obama) did a number of things in the financial crisis that get spun by people to make them look bad. Some actions may have overstepped their authority but anyone with common sense can understand that during a battle decisions get made that in retrospect wouldn't have been made. (Or in retrospect after years of legal wrangling to figure out the legitimacy of unprecedented actions or actions that are close to the legal limit.)

I say this as a holder of one of of the securities above (in a loss position). I'm hoping that the shareholders get the dividends but I'm not crazy enough to say anything like the subject line. Only people that lack contextual capacity would construe it as theft. It may in the end amount to the same thing but after using hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars to bail out businesses this deal was likely seen as just compensation for the risk and cost the lenders and securitizers imposed on the country. They created a "moral hazard" that Bush and Obama had to then fix.

KC
25-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Note: I shouldn't have just criticized the original poster. The people that complained also probably have an axe to grind and lack an understanding of the legal battle and the shareholder viewpoint which is one of illegal seizure.

Moreover when people take losses on their own investments many often try to blame someone else and so resort to accusations like the subject line. It's just not aberration. Anti-free speech people need to understand that context.

champking
25-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Note: I shouldn't have just criticized the original poster. The people that complained also probably have an axe to grind and lack an understanding of the legal battle and the shareholder viewpoint which is one of illegal seizure.

Moreover when people take losses on their own investments many often try to blame someone else and so resort to accusations like the subject line. It's just not aberration. Anti-free speech people need to understand that context.

I cut and pasted the thread tittle from one of the news articles. To assume I have an axe to grind wouldn't be accurate, no beefs with Obama.

Wonder if the same people would complain if it was Trump's name in the title

noodle
25-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Infowars isn't a news site though, any more than Weekly World News is a newspaper.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0b/f7/6d/0bf76d33037611f4c91ecb423248d573.jpg

Marcel Petrin
25-07-2017, 08:32 AM
I can hardly wait until he's starting thread topics on how Sandy Hook was a false flag operation to steal people's guns.

noodle
25-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Pfft. If there was no truth to the Martian Child Slave Colony, would NASA have responded at all? Wake up, sheeple!

KC
25-07-2017, 08:42 AM

I cut and pasted the thread tittle from one of the news articles. To assume I have an axe to grind wouldn't be accurate, no beefs with Obama.

My apologies on the title comment.

The article is interesting but it mentions Obamacare and as far as I could tell totally failed to justify the statement or any connection.

The author then goes on about the underlying privatization objective - which has been a longstanding republican not democratic position. Then I recall an anti-American dream comment.

Quite interesting how the author took a damned if you do damned if you don't approach to spinning the internal documents.

https://www.infowars.com/proof-positive-obama-administration-stole-dividends-from-fannie-and-freddie-shareholders/

MrOilers
25-07-2017, 08:46 AM

Not a chance.

Obama, despite being a similar president to Bush in almost every way, is a saint to the left.

Medwards
25-07-2017, 09:04 AM
we are using infowars as a source of news or information? That's about as far right as you can get, and certainly the site is more about conspiracies and working the right wing agenda against the dems... not really a site I would trust to be factual or even trying to get things correct.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/infowars-alex-jones/

jagators63
26-07-2017, 10:57 AM
you know Obama is out of White House since January, so how come FBI did not investigate him? Remember if there is no proof, then it is pretty much worthless to discuss this subject. this thread should be closed.