PDA

View Full Version : Anti Trump Progressive opens fire at Republican baseball practice

ralph60
14-06-2017, 11:40 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/multiple-people-injured-after-shooting-in-alexandria/2017/06/14/0289c768-50f6-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?utm_term=.1b09b6f7426a

From the shooters Facebook page: "Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co"
Another Democrat who takes "fight in the streets" literally.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 11:48 AM
A deranged Bernie-supporting, Russian collusion-obsessed leftist attempts a mass shooting of right-wing politicians.

It's going to be hard for the left-loving mainstream media to spin this. My bets is that - the media will blame white supremacy (since this shooter was a white guy), blame men, and blame gun control.

East McCauley
14-06-2017, 11:49 AM
^Could have just as easily been a right wing crazy who happened to support Trump shooting Democratic lawmakers. Would you have used such an incident to smear all Republicans?

In fact a similar mass shooting incident happened just a few years involving Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 11:52 AM
And right on cue, the first post from a liberal is trying to excuse this assassin's actions because "well, ANYONE could've done it!" and "A Democrat politician was shot almost 10 years ago!"

Give it a rest.

East McCauley
14-06-2017, 12:09 PM
^I am not in any way excusing the shooter's action. I condemn the shooter and his actions unreservedly. It was the OP and yourself who are trying to make political hay not me.

champking
14-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Same nutters be out rioting , burning the American flag, ganging up on those with different opinions.

Me thinks it's much their fake news media , fear mongering , spreading false aligations .

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 12:28 PM
It was the OP and yourself who are trying to make political hay not me.

But the shooting *was* political.

nobleea
14-06-2017, 12:39 PM
You guys are knocking years off your lives with all this arguing and bickering about politics in a completely different country. Why add all the stress?
Just give up. You're not going to change the other side's opinion, only make it worse. Having an opinion is great, but only when you have some small amount of control over influencing actions. It's just not worth it.

East McCauley
14-06-2017, 12:43 PM
It was the OP and yourself who are trying to make political hay not me.

But the shooting *was* political.

Your opinion was quite different when Democratic Congresswoman Giffords was shoot back in 2011.

This is what MrOilers had to say in post #10 then:

Stop right there.

This tragedy isn't Sarah Palin, it isn't Republicans, it isn't the Tea Party, it isn't guns.

This tragedy was caused by a destructive person, and he could have killed with a home made bomb instead of a gun if he really wanted to. And there are crazies on all sides of any political debate, who advocate for the deaths of politicians that they don't agree with.

6 people were brutally murdered in public. This is not a political point.

Link to thread: http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showthread.php?19560-US-Congresswoman-Gabrielle-Giffords-shot&highlight=giffords

seamusmcduffs
14-06-2017, 12:49 PM
lol got 'em

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 12:54 PM
This tragedy isn't Sarah Palin, it isn't Republicans, it isn't the Tea Party, it isn't guns.

This tragedy was caused by a destructive person, and he could have killed with a home made bomb instead of a gun if he really wanted to. And there are crazies on all sides of any political debate, who advocate for the deaths of politicians that they don't agree with.

6 people were brutally murdered in public. This is not a political point.

Link to thread: http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showthread.php?19560-US-Congresswoman-Gabrielle-Giffords-shot&highlight=giffords[/QUOTE]

Yup, I remember that incident well - an anarchist nutcase sprayed bullets at a crowd in a town hall. He hit the Democrat Congresswoman. Caused a big second-amendment debate.

Today, the shooter asked where the Democrat baseball team was practicing and where the Repbublican team was practicing. He then took a rifle with several ammo cartridges and he opened fire on the Republicans.

This was a 100% politically-motivated kill-attempt, especially encouraged by the media, celebrities, and Democrat politicians since Trump was elected.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Your opinion was quite different when Democratic Congresswoman Giffords was shoot back in 2011.

I've really learned a lot about how the left wing views politics in the last 2 years.

Darkwalker
14-06-2017, 01:01 PM
You guys are knocking years off your lives with all this arguing and bickering about politics in a completely different country.

Agreed

Highlander II
14-06-2017, 01:08 PM
I've come to understand that Mr. Oilers is a parody account.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 01:10 PM
I've come to understand that Mr. Oilers is a parody account.

Bye.

Since you just want to hurl insults at me, I have no time for you.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 01:19 PM
it's no surprise a crazed left-winger would attempt a mass assassination when hate-promoting left wingers are flooding the media with stuff like this:

Loretta Lynch calling for more marching, blood and death on the streets" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9bquunDh1Y

Tim Kaine calling for "fighting in the streets": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2eE7hxD0s

Kathy Griffin posing with a mock severed head of Donald Trump

Live plays in Central park depicting people stabbing President Trump to death

Bernie Sanders telling his followers to "take down Trump". http://archive.is/guXbv

seamusmcduffs
14-06-2017, 01:38 PM
I have a feeling Paul Rand might not agree with this statement as much anymore:

[email protected] (https://twitter.com/Judgenap): Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/746022114042478592

Channing
14-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Blaming this shooting on the media makes as much sense as blaming Stephen Harper or Ralph Klein for the beaheading that happened on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba (which I am sure some idiots out there did anyway). There are extremists on all sides of any political debate, whether they are abortion clinic bombers, anarchists, gunmen, or eco-terrorists, which we saw plenty of before. Scapegoat whoever you want, but this gunman (like all of them) is an unbalanced and destructive person who took actions (for no determinate or apparent reason) that caused a lot of harm. That's it.

If anybody is acting disgusting in the aftermath of this tragedy, it's the right-leaners of the political spectrum who are digging for anything to attempt to turn this into a political issue. Nobody in their right mind (of any political affiliation) condones this activity at all.

To think that the "left wing" has some kind of monopoly on this sort of thing, or that they started it, is both absurd and hateful. Blaming Bernie, Left Wing media, Loretta Lynch, Tim Kaine, etc. is both a cop-out and a fallacy.

edit: slightly edited (http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showthread.php?19560-US-Congresswoman-Gabrielle-Giffords-shot&p=341847&viewfull=1#post341847)

champking
14-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Blaming this shooting on the media makes as much sense as blaming Stephen Harper or Ralph Klein for the beaheading that happened on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba (which I am sure some idiots out there did anyway). There are extremists on all sides of any political debate, whether they are abortion clinic bombers, anarchists, gunmen, or eco-terrorists, which we saw plenty of before. Scapegoat whoever you want, but this gunman (like all of them) is an unbalanced and destructive person who took actions (for no determinate or apparent reason) that caused a lot of harm. That's it.

If anybody is acting disgusting in the aftermath of this tragedy, it's the right-leaners of the political spectrum who are digging for anything to attempt to turn this into a political issue. Nobody in their right mind (of any political affiliation) condones this activity at all.

To think that the "left wing" has some kind of monopoly on this sort of thing, or that they started it, is both absurd and hateful. Blaming Bernie, Left Wing media, Loretta Lynch, Tim Kaine, etc. is both a cop-out and a fallacy.

As people offered prayers for the victims, a profile began to emerge of Hodgkinson, a onetime home inspector. A Facebook page believed to be his includes pictures of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and rhetoric against President Trump, including a post that reads: “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/multiple-people-injured-after-shooting-in-alexandria/2017/06/14/0289c768-50f6-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?utm_term=.a8bda4fb4137

Sanders (Vt.) said Hodgkinson volunteered on his presidential campaign

Channing
14-06-2017, 01:57 PM
^The language is all metaphor. And it is clear metaphor.

Really, politics is like a war. Heck, candidates of all political stripes call the money in their campaign funds, their "war chest".

edit: straight copy (http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showthread.php?19560-US-Congresswoman-Gabrielle-Giffords-shot&p=342192&viewfull=1#post342192)

champking
14-06-2017, 02:13 PM

Really, politics is like a war. Heck, candidates of all political stripes call the money in their campaign funds, their "war chest".
A metaphor ? He followed through on it !

Then you try use the Greyhound guy, who had no political affiliation . Who was deemed a skitso as example ...some people's kids !

seamusmcduffs
14-06-2017, 02:14 PM
It's ironic that the Trump supporters are declaring the left violent and hateful, with the amount of times Trump has called for violence:

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#wMCMWdwl9iqO

Even has videos so you can't call it fake news. And this is just at his rallies before election.

The reality is there are extremists on every side of every issue, and using one example from one view to label a whole group of people as violent is absurd.

Channing
14-06-2017, 02:18 PM

A metaphor ? He followed through on it !

Then you try use the Greyhound guy, who had no political affiliation . Who was deemed a skitso as example ...some people's kids !

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-gop-baseball-shooting-20170614-story.html

One post, written on March 22, read: “Trump is Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.” On Facebook, he was a member of groups with names including “The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans” and “Terminate the Republican Party.” None of his posts explicitly advocated violence.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Tim Slater, who is leading the investigation, cautioned reporters that it was “too early” to know what motivated the shooting.

Channing
14-06-2017, 02:18 PM
My point (and it has been from the beginning) is that there are extremists on all sides of the political spectrum. Pinning the blame for a murder on people all one side of the political spectrum is a pointless exercise, as this type of senseless violence and madness can obviously come from anywhere.

edit: no edits (http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showthread.php?19560-US-Congresswoman-Gabrielle-Giffords-shot&p=342190&viewfull=1#post342190)

seamusmcduffs
14-06-2017, 02:22 PM
^in case they forgot that the far right has violent extremists too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/01/31/bissonnette-trump-fan_n_14517822.html

North Guy66
14-06-2017, 02:40 PM
I am somewhat relieved that the discussion in this thread is about left versus right wing extremists.

Just imagine if it was an immigrant or Muslim who shot the politicians today instead of a white, American born man?

H.L.
14-06-2017, 02:42 PM
I am somewhat relieved that the discussion in this thread is about left versus right wing extremists.

Just imagine if it was an immigrant or Muslim who shot the politicians today instead of a white, American born man?

Yet upthread, you can still twists words.Muslims, immigrants, whites blacks, there is evil in everyone

H.L.
14-06-2017, 02:43 PM

I've really learned a lot about how the left wing views politics in the last 2 years.

I actually find them less tolerant

Whattagame
14-06-2017, 02:44 PM
In this shooting, as with other mass shootings, while people may talk of the shooter's motivation, their political stripes are rarely at issue. Careful consideration of the root cause generally points to stronger gun control better support for mental health issues as the keys to preventing such actions. Odd that in this instance, it seems to be immediately met with howls at the media or the Democratic Party. Mass shootings are a symptom, and Dems and the media are not the virus. Easy access to guns and limited access to mental health support are.

Spudly
14-06-2017, 02:46 PM

Breitbart was severely disappointed but they got over it and can now blame leftists and the MSM and their other favourites.

H.L.
14-06-2017, 02:48 PM
The shooter was identified as James T. Hodgkinson, a 66-year-old home inspector from Illinois who had several minor run-ins with the law in recent years and belonged to a Facebook group called "Terminate the Republican Party."

champking
14-06-2017, 03:05 PM
It's not hard to see the utter hate / biase put out by the establishment and their media .Their propoganada and brainwashing have an effect in this politically correct / sensitive world ...what they doing is breeding hate . Why you see their minions rioting, burning the American flag , why this witch hunt .

This year's Bilderberg ...what they discuss , was how they going take down Trump.

kcantor
14-06-2017, 03:21 PM
My point (and it has been from the beginning) is that there are extremists on all sides of the political spectrum. Pinning the blame for a murder on people all one side of the political spectrum is a pointless exercise, as this type of senseless violence and madness can obviously come from anywhere.
perhaps it's just semantics but the senseless violence and madness doesn't come from "anywhere".

if it came from anywhere it would have to be considered as coming at/from random and that's not the case.

irrespective of whether it comes from the left or the right or from an immigrant or a homegrown supremacist or from a christian or a muslim or an atheist arena, all of these arenas are providing cover and/or a hiding place and/or a rationale for the same kind of hatred and propensity for violence. they all encourage it from their own midsts by attributing blame for it to other midsts and refusing to see or acknowledge their own respective complicity.

there seems to be some sort of tribal belief - which is easy enough to see without leaving this thread - that one's own tribe by definition is good and pure and evil only resides elsewhere. until we recognize that evil thrives best at home and that's where it needs to be rooted out, i fear we are doomed to failure.

H.L.
14-06-2017, 03:32 PM

Breitbart was severely disappointed but they got over it and can now blame leftists and the MSM and their other favourites.

You don't know that..why even say it?

KC
14-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Why not? Everyone's doing it these days. ;-)

Spudly
14-06-2017, 03:40 PM

A little thing I call "reading it."

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 03:46 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

It is dispicable that some posters want to make the political hay out of a tragic event by an extemist with a history of problems who had access to high powered automatic weapons. This guy or the next attack can be from the left or right or a delusional with no political views who just wants to become famous like Mark Chapman who killed John Lennon or John Hinckley who shot Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

These extremist wackos do not represent left or right views nor do ISIS and Islamic extremists, represent Muslims.

Look at these people for who they are. They are unbalanced and cannot be reasoned with.

I appeal to everyone that the way to stop this is not by making them a symbol of a cause or the poster child of their loose affiliations.

H.L.
14-06-2017, 03:51 PM

A little thing I call "reading it."

No link though..imagination.LOL

champking
14-06-2017, 04:07 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

It is dispicable that some posters want to make the political hay out of a tragic event by an extemist with a history of problems who had access to high powered automatic weapons. This guy or the next attack can be from the left or right or a delusional with no political views who just wants to become famous like Mark Chapman who killed John Lennon or John Hinckley who shot Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

These extremist wackos do not represent left or right views nor do ISIS and Islamic extremists, represent Muslims.

Look at these people for who they are. They are unbalanced and cannot be reasoned with.

I appeal to everyone that the way to stop this is not by making them a symbol of a cause or the poster child of their loose affiliations.

I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection
..an example I will give is : say a person who's against gays. ..the guy who's most vocal about it, so against , 9 times out of 10 they gay, or participate in gay acts ...then we get in to the denial .

P.s. not sure if word 'gay' is politically correct now days, do not mean to offend. If so always interested in new words . Thanks !

kcantor
14-06-2017, 04:19 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection
..an example I will give is : say a person who's against gays. ..the guy who's most vocal about it, so against , 9 times out of 10 they gay, or participate in gay acts ...then we get in to the denial .
go away. please. or stop. please. in almost 11 1/2 years i've never put another poster on "ignore" (despite there being some posters i choose to ignore more often than not) but some of your posts make it awfully tempting to make you the first.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 04:21 PM
It's ironic that the Trump supporters are declaring the left violent and hateful, with the amount of times Trump has called for violence:

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#wMCMWdwl9iqO

It's not "ironic". Those videos show protesters starting physical violence against Trump supporters or trying to physically attack Trump himself. Trump is merely talking and encouraging people to fight back against people attacking them.

Note how that is completely different than the left, who is preaching that the way you combat people hurting your feelings (or how to deal with people you disagree with) is to assault them with physical violence.

champking
14-06-2017, 04:24 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

go away. please. or stop. please. in almost 11 1/2 years i've never put another poster on "ignore" (despite there being some posters i choose to ignore more often than not) but some of your posts make it awfully tempting to make you the first. respect your opinion Ken but have never agree with you. I'm not cater to your demands. If it was Ken's way we all have to post with our real names , there be sorts of retribution for our thoughts and opinions . We be censored . It defeat purpose of this forum .

With that said when Admin was laid up, certain people were there for , they financially supported, so feel we all have a right.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 04:30 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

People on the left commit the same atrocities as people on the right, however the irritating (and most laughable) part is how the left then claims moral superiority.

MrOilers
14-06-2017, 04:33 PM
If it was Ken's way we all have to post with our real names , there be sorts of retribution for our thoughts and opinions . We be censored .

Yup.

People have given me veiled threats of physical violence and have told me that they would attempt to sabotage my professional career (thereby taking away my hard-earned livelihood) simply because I have an opinion that they disagree with. This form of fascism from the left is really insufferable.

Komrade
14-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Left / Right / Muslim / Christian / Atheist if you want to commit an act of violence you will. Evil is evil. Regardless of where on the political or religious they sit

champking
14-06-2017, 04:54 PM
If it was Ken's way we all have to post with our real names , there be sorts of retribution for our thoughts and opinions . We be censored .

Yup.

People have given me veiled threats of physical violence and have told me that they would attempt to sabotage my professional career (thereby taking away my hard-earned livelihood) simply because I have an opinion that they disagree with. This form of fascism from the left is really insufferable.

C2E is special in a sense . It's way before social media ever existed and was a joint effort ( can you believe Medwards was a moderator ?) It was partially funded by the city/ EEDC ..it was a propoganada machine for the city...till there were inner rumblings . Funding got cut . It went independent . It wasn't till the last few years that the forum really changed. It needed crowed funding and Admin needed help. ( or so I understand the evolution ) now it's become a more FREE place. It's more an everything forum , where everyone is entitled to express and have an opinion .

Some would love that control back !

East McCauley
14-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Not sure how this could be since you use a pseudonym. I doubt MrOilers is your actual name.

I use a pseudonym as well as on this board at the request of my boss to make sure my personal views are never attributed to the non-profit organization that employs me (for which I am sometimes a spokesperson).

champking
14-06-2017, 05:01 PM

Not sure how this could be since you use a pseudonym. I doubt MrOilers is your actual name.

I use a pseudonym as well as on this board at the request of my boss to make sure my personal views are never attributed to the non-profit organization that employs me (for which I am sometimes a spokesperson).
I would assume Debra ?

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE][champking: I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection /QUOTE]

Yes,we also see right through you too. From one ear to the other, a large void...

We see through your blind hatred, your xenophobia, your conspiracies, your distrust for institutions, your broken and disjointed ideas, your extremist views and we worry about your ability to grasp reality and reasoned thoughts.

Please seek professional help.

champking
14-06-2017, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE][champking: I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection /QUOTE]

Yes,we also see right through you too. From one ear to the other, a large void...

We see through your blind hatred, your xenophobia, your conspiracies, your distrust for institutions, your broken and disjointed ideas, your extremist views and we worry about your ability to grasp reality and reasoned thoughts.

Please seek professional help.

Yeah I'm not a sheep. ..proud of it ☺ won't be eating my ribs

champking
14-06-2017, 06:08 PM
PRT is the one on the edge of reality. Dreaming of personal rail transit for herself and visions of sugar plums. Loves spewing hatred and driving people out of the C2e since Edmonton Daily Photo one after one. Just a certified pain in the butt this lady. Goes on and on and on, reminds me of my wife.

EDP that guy was a piece of work . Him and PRT should hook up

Drumbones
14-06-2017, 06:15 PM
I don't post much but I read and it just gets so tiring. I guess I need to find something different to do.

Drumbones
14-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Very similar, stubborn like mules

kcantor
14-06-2017, 06:35 PM

Yup.

people or anonymous posters? which would make it fascism from the unknown and not from the left wouldn't it? :)

champking
14-06-2017, 06:42 PM

Yup.

people or anonymous posters? which would make it fascism from the unknown and not from the left wouldn't it? :)

I'll tell you what ' fascism ' is Ken. It's where they privatised the profits and socialise the loses . Sound familiar ?

kcantor
14-06-2017, 06:51 PM

Yup.

I'll tell you what ' fascism ' is Ken. It's where they privatised the profits and socialise the loses . Sound familiar ?
go bait someone else somewhere else...

Gemini
14-06-2017, 06:59 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

P.s. not sure if word 'gay' is politically correct now days, do not mean to offend. If so always interested in new words . Thanks !
For some reason or other I find this post hilarious. Maybe it's because you are trying to get a point across by implying PRT is gay or you understand psychology.
Either way, WTF.

champking
14-06-2017, 06:59 PM

Yup.

go bait someone else somewhere else...

Go con someone else with your big words

champking
14-06-2017, 07:03 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

For some reason or other I find this post hilarious. Maybe it's because you are trying to get a point across by implying PRT is gay or you understand psychology.
Either way, WTF.

It's a point . Love sarcasm ..and throw back in face .

My biggest philosophy is " put shoe on other foot " . Try look from other persons view . It's about heart , compassion. In wich these ------don't get...Let's DEDICATE A Thread bashing PRT ☺

Gemini
14-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Left / Right / Muslim / Christian / Atheist if you want to commit an act of violence you will. Evil is evil. Regardless of where on the political or religious they sit
Unfortunately, evil does not discriminate.

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 07:08 PM

Yes, very.

The Trump budget and healthcare plans. Tax the poor and benefit the rich.

champking
14-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Unfortunately, evil does not discriminate. something changed in you Gemini . You use to be full of wisdom, and books you read . There's been a change ...I dunno , the NDP, Trudeau....I see it . Use to love reading your stuff

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Go con someone else with your big words

Would it help if we kept the words smaller so you can understand them?

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 07:13 PM
My biggest philosophy is " put shoe on other foot " . Try look from other persons view . It's about heart , compassion. In wich these ------don't get...Let's DEDICATE A Thread bashing PRT ☺

Be my guest.

champking
14-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Yes, very.

The Trump budget and healthcare plans. Tax the poor and benefit the rich.

Only if you think all rich are greedy . I would argue a centralized control , placing all control in few hands is worst...e.g global governance, new world order

Big reason there so much protest in Russia, his government gain too much control. He's kicking 1.5 million people from their homes to build ' world class ' towers

Gemini
14-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately, evil does not discriminate. something changed in you Gemini . You use to be full of wisdom, and books you read . There's been a change ...I dunno , the NDP, Trudeau....I see it . Use to love reading your stuff
Yeah something did profoundly change for me. Last week I dyed my hair auburn. I know, I know, hard to believe. After being many shades (and some of them blonde) I decided to go a shade of red. How long this will last I don't know. In a month or so I will be voting on another color and surprise everyone again.

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Gemini

We love you rno matter what color you are!

champking
14-06-2017, 07:20 PM
If Champ were king . I'd say: " you want amalgamate " fine ! I'd ruin the capital ! and divide the departments up and give each region . I'd play fair game. I'd break up centralized control

champking
14-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Yeah something did profoundly change for me. Last week I dyed my hair auburn. I know, I know, hard to believe. After being many shades (and some of them blonde) I decided to go a shade of red. How long this will last I don't know. In a month or so I will be voting on another color and surprise everyone again. doesn't that like fry your hair ...I'd go natural if I were you , ..

Gemini
14-06-2017, 07:32 PM
^Do you get more and more inebriated as the day goes by?.

AShetsen
14-06-2017, 07:34 PM
This is just one more opportunity for tribalists to engage in sentimentality by the aggrieved, defensive posturing by fellow travellers of the transgressors.

More of you, whether you call yourselves progressive or not, would be secretly happy if the shoe were on the other foot than you dare admit.

None of you have the moral authority either for outrage or for attack, nor for defending yourselves.

You are all half-humans playing at social war.

Several people have been shot. This is terrible. One hundred and fifty thousand others who saw the sun rise yesterday will not see it rise tomorrow. Do you care to quantify the relative horror? Yes, of course -- that's too easy. How about justifying your lack of concern for the 150,000? Nah. Still too easy to be glib -- liars.

"Progressives" and whatever the opposite calls itself are both equally disgusting, and equally deserving of disrespect.

Gemini
14-06-2017, 07:46 PM
^Oh FFS why not have a drink with champking.

East McCauley
14-06-2017, 07:53 PM

I would assume Debra ?

Nope, my name is John Kolkman which I've disclosed when asked. I live at the eastern edge of the McCauley neighbourhood, hence the handle.

And you?

champking
14-06-2017, 07:57 PM

As people offered prayers for the victims, a profile began to emerge of Hodgkinson, a onetime home inspector. A Facebook page believed to be his includes pictures of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and rhetoric against President Trump, including a post that reads: “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/multiple-people-injured-after-shooting-in-alexandria/2017/06/14/0289c768-50f6-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?utm_term=.a8bda4fb4137

Sanders (Vt.) said Hodgkinson volunteered on his presidential campaign

^Do you get more and more inebriated as the day goes by?.
Some times ☺

champking
14-06-2017, 07:59 PM

I would assume Debra ?

Nope, my name is John Kolkman which I've disclosed when asked. I live at the eastern edge of the McCauley neighbourhood, hence the handle.

And you?

Hey John! I'm champking ! Nice meet you .

kcantor
14-06-2017, 08:04 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

Either way, WTF.

why not dedicate a champking bashes everything and everyone thread instead and then you can save time and space and stay out of all the other threads?

champking
14-06-2017, 08:34 PM
^^^Totally agree kcantor

Either way, WTF.

why not dedicate a champking bashes everything and everyone thread instead and then you can save time and space and stay out of all the other threads?

Actually Ken , I don't bash everything there's things I point good, also recommend fixes and new ways of doing things ,

Edmonton PRT
14-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Fox host shames Newt Gingrich for blaming GOP baseball shooting on ‘vulgar’ Democrats
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/watch-fox-host-shames-newt-gingrich-for-blaming-gop-baseball-shooting-on-vulgar-democrats/

Talking with Fox News, Gingrich pointed fingers at left-wing “hysteria” that he says has exploded ever since President Donald Trump’s election last fall, as evidenced by Kathy Griffin’s latest stunt in which she held up a likeness of Trump’s severed head.

“The intensity on the left is very real,” Gingrich said. “Whether it’s a so-called comedian holding up the president’s head in blood, or it’s right here, in New York City, a play that shows the president being assassinated. Or it’s Democratic leading national politicians who are so angry they have to use vulgarity because they can’t find any common language.”

Fox’s Melissa Francis at this point objected and questioned whether it was right to blame the shooter’s actions on Democrats who swear.

“With respect, though, even if everything you’re saying is true, to talk about it in those kinds of terms, in left and right, right now in the wake of it, does that make sense?” she asked.
“If you want to know the truth,” Gingrich replied.

“But do you rise above it and say…” she began.

“No!” Gingrich objected.

More hypocrisy from Newt

Virginia Shooting ‘Part of a Pattern’ of ‘Increasing Intensity of Hostility on the Left’
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/06/14/newt-gingrich-virginia-shooting-part-of-a-pattern-of-increasing-intensity-of-hostility-on-the-left/

“It certainly was a shock this morning,” Gingrich said. “I don’t think any of us expected today to take this turn. But it’s part of a pattern, as you saw the sign this guy was holding. You’ve had an increasing intensity of hostility on the left. Look, I talk to college students regularly who say to me if they are openly for Trump, they get threatened.”

“The intensity on the left is very real,” he added.“Whether it is somebody, as so-called comedian, holding up the president’s head in blood #1 or it’s right here in New York City, a play that shows the president being assassinated, #2 or it’s Democratic leading national politicians who are so angry they have to use vulgarity #3 because they can find any common language to talk. This intensity I think has been building since election night.”

Examples of right wing intensity.

#1 Pastor Terry Jones Burns Obama, Clinton Effigies
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/962227/images/o-OBAMA-EFFIGY-TERRY-JONES-facebook.jpg#2 Obama like 2012 version of the same Julius Caesar play that Newt had no problem with
http://www.americantheatre.org/wp-content/uploads/julius-caesar_guthrie.jpg#3 Newt's leader setting an example by swearing
https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/07/02/Outlook/Images/2015-06-29T183954Z_01_TOR402_RTRIDSP_3_TRUMP-NBC.jpg

champking
14-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Did PRT say something ! Who knows ..exhausted from the drama

Drumbones
15-06-2017, 01:27 AM
It's like being in the army. Left right left right left right left right. Exhausting.

KC
15-06-2017, 07:55 AM
It's like being in the army. Left right left right left right left right. Exhausting.

And marching nonetheless in circles like a one legged soldier

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 08:06 AM
There Have Been More Than 150 Mass Shootings in America This Year
http://fortune.com/2017/06/14/steve-scalise-mass-shooting-2017/
The violent, high-profile tragedies have understandably captured the nation's attention. But they contribute to 154 mass shootings, 6,880 gun-related deaths, and 13,504 firearm injuries in 2017 alone, according to the watchdog group Gun Violence Archive.

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 09:31 AM
I'm totally underwhelmed by how the mainstream press has responded to this shooting.

It's like there's no disincentive to attempted murder as long as the victims are in the "wrong" political party.

Medwards
15-06-2017, 09:33 AM
What mainstream press are you referring to? I flipped through many news programs last night and all were discussing the issue in the same light, that this was wrong/sad, and that it's not the way to go about solving issues.

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 09:34 AM
^^Are you kidding me, the shooting was on the MSM all day long as the top story.

Another failed spin on your part to pin this on the media.

In fact, even FOX news was lambasting Newt Gingrich because he was blaming the left.

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 09:37 AM
President Donald Trump canceled his 71st birthday plans yesterday to visit terrorism victim Rep. Steve Scalise and his family in the hospital. Very classy and very kind thing to do.

Hilman
15-06-2017, 09:58 AM
I'm sure the left will somehow turn that around lol.

BREAKING, President hates family AND birthdays, more at 11........

Top_Dawg
15-06-2017, 10:04 AM
:smt042

Good one Hilman.

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 10:23 AM
What blows me away is ho much the press acts as if the shooter's motives were unclear.

"This guy had everything but the Bernie Sanders pez dispenser and they still won't admit it. So no, I'm not singing Kumbaya"

https://twitter.com/sean_spicier/status/875333132114948096

H.L.
15-06-2017, 10:29 AM
What blows me away is ho much the press acts as if the shooter's motives were unclear.

"This guy had everything but the Bernie Sanders pez dispenser and they still won't admit it. So no, I'm not singing Kumbaya"

Ha ha Spicer, and good one Hillman!

Highlander II
15-06-2017, 10:38 AM
From what I can see, the press IS NOT acting as though his motives are unclear. Republican partisans claiming that the press is acting as though the motives are unclear is not the same thing.

We all know the shooter was anti-republican.

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 11:17 AM
We also know that the shooter was anti-Clinton

Highlander II
15-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Yeah, he really just fits into a general disgruntled outsider box, who just happened to pick Bernie rather than Trump as his champion against the great undefined enemy.

ralph60
15-06-2017, 01:50 PM
/\ No, he was a long time Democrat supporter, he campaigned against Mitt Romney in 2012 and was a prolific letter to the editor writer calling on the government to tax the rich.
Yes he was a lunatic, but he was a lunatic with strong left wing views.

H.L.
15-06-2017, 02:13 PM
/\ No, he was a long time Democrat supporter, he campaigned against Mitt Romney in 2012 and was a prolific letter to the editor writer calling on the government to tax the rich.
Yes he was a lunatic, but he was a lunatic with strong left wing views.

He sure was, and belonged to a few hate republican groups.

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Wow - America loses 93 Million people to gun violence every day!

Virginia's governor confirms this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzjGYyI3Dg

Gord Lacey
15-06-2017, 03:31 PM

I read one story on the incident, on CNN.com, and it seemed pretty clear from that story that he was a Bernie supporter, with strong left-leaning views. Wait... that's fake news because it's on CNN.com, right?

Also, do you even know who you are quoting with that tweet? Serious question.

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Credit to the New York Times for correcting their piece that incorrectly claimed there was a political link in the 2011 shooting of Gabby Giffords:

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/875377356944396290

It's encouraging to see that the public calling out the lies in the fake news sometimes works.

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 04:07 PM

It was a verbal typo. He meant to say 93 people a day.

You try making an impromptu speech in front of a bunch of reporters and knowing that it is broadcast around the world. Give the guy a break.

Hilman
15-06-2017, 04:09 PM

I read one story on the incident, on CNN.com, and it seemed pretty clear from that story that he was a Bernie supporter, with strong left-leaning views. Wait... that's fake news because it's on CNN.com, right?

Also, do you even know who you are quoting with that tweet? Serious question.

Good for CNN for getting it correct, they are now 1 for 2,904,874!!!

Medwards
15-06-2017, 04:17 PM

It was a verbal typo. He meant to say 93 people a day.

You try making an impromptu speech in front of a bunch of reporters and knowing that it is broadcast around the world. Give the guy a break.

Only trump is allowed to make mistakes. He's new you know

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 04:28 PM
The tolerant, peace-loving left is incredibly busy today:

Vehicle with "Make America Great Again" flag was hit by gunfire on Indiana highway: http://fox59.com/2017/06/15/several-shots-fired-at-truck-carrying-make-america-great-again-flag-on-i-465/

Republican candidate in upcoming Georgia special election, Karen Handel, received a suspicious package containing threatening letters: https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspicious-package-sent-congressional-candidates-home-200022976--election.html

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 04:29 PM
^^^Keep up with the hyper-hyperbole.

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 04:32 PM

Vehicle with "Make America Great Again" flag was hit by gunfire on Indiana highway: http://fox59.com/2017/06/15/several-shots-fired-at-truck-carrying-make-america-great-again-flag-on-i-465/

Republican candidate in upcoming Georgia special election, Karen Handel, received a suspicious package containing threatening letters: https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspicious-package-sent-congressional-candidates-home-200022976--election.html

Shall we compile the right wing examples today or just call your pizzing contest off?

Your anti-left comments are nauseating.

The one thing I like about Canada is we are Canadians and don't try to segregate people by color or their political camps.

Gemini
15-06-2017, 04:46 PM
^PRT you are also in the thick of a pizzing contest, in fact I would say you have pizzed the most in Trump related threads. Your biggest problem (and failure) in most threads is that you like to have the last word. As in 'he who pizzes last pizzes best'. No matter how good or how well presented a persons comment on Trump has been you are right in the thick of it with a disparaging comment. Get over it, Trump won. Bleating on about it is not going to change the fact Trump is the U S pres.
If you want to see a participant in a pizzing contest just look in the mirror.

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 05:15 PM
The multiple investigations continue and the Senate voted yesterday 97 to 2 to limit Trump's powers.

Pass the popcorn, it's fun to watch Trump go down in flames...

Gemini
15-06-2017, 05:24 PM
^Even funnier to watch you sweat over it.

Dave
15-06-2017, 05:35 PM

There were 53 shootings by right wing nuts over the last several years, so finally some probably unstable guy supporting Sanders goes off and shoots someone and some right wingers want to make it sound like all the left wingers have somehow all turned into political terrorists.

I am not blaming Trump for the 53 shootings, I suspect those people were unstable too. Does the vitriolic political atmosphere in the US contribute to this sort of thing happening? Probably.

Therefore, it would be a good idea for everyone to try dial it back now. If anything, perhaps that is something to take away from this event, but it seems lost on some. Another very good idea would be to try keep guns out of the hands of the unstable.

kcantor
15-06-2017, 05:41 PM

Shall we compile the right wing examples today or just call your pizzing contest off?

Your anti-left comments are nauseating.

The one thing I like about Canada is we are Canadians and don't try to segregate people by color or their political camps.
emphasis added...

are you kidding me?

do you actually expect us to believe that even you believe that, never mind that you expect us to believe it? :(

on the other hand, i need to thank you for injecting some badly needed humour into this afternoon.

while it would be nice if it were true, the reality is we're still a very long way from achieving that aspiration.

MrOilers
15-06-2017, 05:41 PM
The NRA is going to be cracking jokes about liberal gun owners for a long time - the guy attempted a mass shooting and was the only one killed.

Edmonton PRT
15-06-2017, 05:42 PM
^^^A reasoned and thoughtful response by you.

Watch some postersjump all over your gun control comment.

H.L.
15-06-2017, 08:11 PM
The NRA is going to be cracking jokes about liberal gun owners for a long time - the guy attempted a mass shooting and was the only one killed.

The one guy he shot is having another operation I think. He's not out of the woods yet...

They can't get Trump on collusion, so now they are going another route. Even democrats I know are getting weary..what a mess!

Gemini
15-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Trump now getting investigated for obstruction of justice. I've lost count of the many ways in which the dems are trying to get Trump ousted. In fact it seems that's the only thing these elected (and unelected) dems seem to be collecting their padded pay cheques for, to pin something on him. I hate to wish time away but it is going to be very interesting to see who the dems pick to run against Trump in the next election cycle. Whoever it is is going to have to be squeaky clean, have a thick skin and have the ability to put up a real fight. As of yet no one springs to mind.

Edmonton PRT
19-06-2017, 08:03 AM
There were 53 shootings by right wing nuts over the last several years, so finally some probably unstable guy supporting Sanders goes off and shoots someone and some right wingers want to make it sound like all the left wingers have somehow all turned into political terrorists.

I am not blaming Trump for the 53 shootings, I suspect those people were unstable too. Does the vitriolic political atmosphere in the US contribute to this sort of thing happening? Probably.

Therefore, it would be a good idea for everyone to try dial it back now. If anything, perhaps that is something to take away from this event, but it seems lost on some. Another very good idea would be to try keep guns out of the hands of the unstable.

As an example of unbalanced extremists and hate crimes on both sides of the issue, a 48 year old man ran down 10 people in an attempt to kill "all Muslims"

One dead in UK mosque ‘terror’ attack

An eyewitness has told the BBC he saw the van “deliberately run over about 10 or 15 people” in London’s Finsbury Park.

Abdul Rahman said he and another man wrestled the suspect to the ground and held him down for 20 to 30 minutes before police arrived.

He said the attacker had said “I want to kill all Muslims” and “kill me, kill me”.

The driver is under arrest on suspicion of attempted murder after leaving one man dead and eight injured. All the victims were Muslim.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/van-hits-people-at-uk-mosque/news-story/e41f49244ce81c5dad59dd3cacbc43d6#U603043980619fmH

“He was screaming, he was saying, ‘I’m going to kill all Muslims, I’m going to kill all Muslims’. He was throwing punches.

“Then we managed to get him on the floor. Then he was saying, ‘Kill me, kill me’. I said, ‘We are not going to kill you. Why did you do that?’ He wouldn’t say anything.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/van-hits-people-at-uk-mosque/news-story/e41f49244ce81c5dad59dd3cacbc43d6#U603043980619fmH

kkozoriz
20-06-2017, 02:23 AM
Unlike the US, Great Britain knows that white males can be terrorists too.

Darren? He's a bloody psycho': Dad-of-four terror suspect who split from partner six months ago is a heavy-drinking brawler who was thrown out of a pub for cursing Muslims and threatening to 'do some damage' on day before attack

The 47-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder and terror charges is named as Darren Osborne, from Cardiff

Father-of-four Darren Osborne, 47, was named as the man accused of ploughing a van into Muslim worshippers in the early hours of Monday morning.
It is alleged that Osborne - who was not known to police and MI5 - hired an £80-a-day van from South Wales before driving to the Muslim Welfare House in north London.
There, he is accused of mounting the pavement just yards from the Finsbury Park Mosque and mowing down a group of British Muslims.
They were helping Makram Ali, 52, who died minutes later in front of his 26-year-old daughter as those who went to assist him screamed in agony.
Witnesses say that, after the attack, he shouted 'I'm going to kill all Muslims - I did my bit' as he was restrained by members of the community.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/19/17/418E62EE00000578-4618636-image-a-30_1497888441107.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4618636/Finsbury-Park-terror-suspect-47.html

In the US they simply have "mental problems". Strangely, the very sort of people that the GOP just eased restrictions on buying guns. Fancy that.

Congress Says, Let the Mentally Ill Buy Guns
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
FEB. 15, 2017

The Senate voted Wednesday to join the House in revoking the rule. It would have required the Social Security Administration to add about 75,000 people, currently on disability support, to the national background check database and deny them gun purchases. These individuals suffer schizophrenia, psychotic disorders and other problems to such an extent that they are unable to manage their financial affairs and other basic tasks without help.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/opinion/congress-says-let-the-mentally-ill-buy-guns.html

Edmonton PRT
20-06-2017, 07:32 AM
All Quiet on the Right Wing Front

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/[email protected]@._ V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

champking
20-06-2017, 08:18 AM
All Quiet on the Right Wing Front

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/[email protected]@._ V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Maybe people got better things to do , or talk about ..than sitting here spinning in circles . I'm still waiting for the smoking gun , hard proof before having an opinion. Why argue over this ? When energy can be directed at more constructive stuff...

Yes , some people love drama , the house of Cards thing but most people don't. Most people aren't politically driven. They more focus on family , their jobs , having a good time .

Edmonton PRT
20-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Then why are you posting at all?

MrOilers
20-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Unlike the US, Great Britain knows that white males can be terrorists too.

Of course they can. There are also lots of white male Muslims in the world who are not terrorists too.

champking
20-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Trying to explain to you it's unhealthy . Try it . Take a few days off and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺ cause spinning circles here arguing day in day out isn't healthy . It's summer . It's nice out . Enjoy it while can...save it for the dark gloomy winter months lol

champking
20-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Trying to explain to you it's unhealthy . Try it . Take a few days off and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺ cause spinning circles here arguing day in day out isn't healthy . It's summer . It's nice out . Enjoy it while can...save it for the dark gloomy winter months lol
Telling ya right now. It will leave ya lonely ...cause nobody's want surround them self with it...try it

Edmonton PRT
20-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Maybe take your own advice and you should take a few YEARS off this forum and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺

champking
20-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Maybe take your own advice and you should take a few YEARS off this forum and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺

I do and have

Medwards
20-06-2017, 09:05 AM
trollking giving advice. Classic. Maybe trollking can take off his tinfoil hat someday and realize the sun still shines and the world isn't falling apart and cut out all the doom and gloom predictions.

champking
20-06-2017, 09:34 AM
trollking giving advice. Classic. Maybe trollking can take off his tinfoil hat someday and realize the sun still shines and the world isn't falling apart and cut out all the doom and gloom predictions.

Or end up like Medwards who nobody talks too

Medwards
20-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Once again, you're wrong or lieing. Must be rough living on unemployment while the wife earns the big bucks to keep your homeless colony going.

Edmonton PRT
20-06-2017, 10:10 AM
I like Medwards. At least he bring intellectual content to this forum...

Medwards
20-06-2017, 10:16 AM
I like Edmonton PRT, even when we have disagreed in the past. PRT usually has a well researched position in which he debates from, and has real sources to back up his points, and not just some breitbart-rebel-news-infowarz-esque fake-propaganda-news.

MrOilers
20-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Or end up like Medwards who nobody talks too

Members of the violent, radical, Russian-conspiracy-nutcase left still talk to him.

Medwards
20-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Heck, you still talk to me. You're part of the violent, alt-right, radical, kkk, republican worshipping, trump can do no wrong, machine. I'm wondering if you'll be the replacement for Sean Spicier.

MrOilers
20-06-2017, 11:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GAAY8c0.jpg

kkozoriz
21-06-2017, 01:36 AM
Yeah, the right was such paragons of virtue....

http://images.gawker.com/184tflyecw8enjpg/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

http://ugc.reveliststatic.com/gen/constrain/800/800/80/2016/11/16/15/8p/yc/phwm3gf8o42qbwe.jpg

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/sites/sbs.com.au.news/files/styles/full/public/images/p/j/obama_effigy_halloween_3110_A_aap_1225415107.jpg?i tok=Yo-rtSeb&mtime=1377511550

"Obama, he's a piece of ****. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless *****."

Ted Nugent, 2007

He also recommends decapitating Democrats:

"We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."

And then there was this bit from then candidate Donald Trump, encouraging his supporters to take a shot at Hillary Clinton:

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said. "But I tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if Hillary gets to put her judges in, right now we're tied."

Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment
Thu August 11, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politics/trump-second-amendment/index.html

And what about when the same theatre company staged Julius Caesar with an Obama stand in? Where was the outrage then?

But Delta's former backing of a production of the same play with Obama standing in for Caesar quickly spread on social media. Since no controversy ignited in response to the Obama version, critics pointed out that Delta's claims of moral disagreement with the Trump edition seemed more like a fearful reaction of losing financial support from conservatives. Delta did not immediately respond to Bustle's request for comment on why it did not revoke funding for the 2012 production featuring Obama.

https://images.bwwstatic.com/columnpic7/2216FF48D-EE3A-2EFD-63DED9BE01C97E5D.jpg
Delta Sponsored 2012 Guthrie Theater Season Which Featured Obama Inspired Julius Caesar

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Delta-Sponsored-2012-Guthrie-Theater-Season-Which-Featured-Obama-Inspired-Julius-Caesar-20170612

Yeah, nothing from the right at all. Paragons of virtue, I tell you. Paragons.

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 06:29 AM
It is easy for the right to be virtuous because they lie so much that they cannot remember all the lies they have told. Just like their lying President who changes his story every day and denies what he said yesterday.

MrOliers hateful post cartoon has many issues that the left has denounced. But the right hides behind their guns and free speech and are mute when their side made sickening attacks and hateful threats against the former President.

H.L.
21-06-2017, 08:21 AM
I guess the GOP took Georgia, despite all the millions the Dems poured into it. That's four now, and boy CNN looked pretty glum. Low voter turner , that's what they suggested..lol

MrOilers
21-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Yeah, the right was such paragons of virtue....

Sorry, but the liberals are the ones claiming the moral high ground.

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 08:46 AM
As the Bible thumping Republicans go to Church on Sunday and take their semiautomatics out in the afternoon.

MrOilers
21-06-2017, 09:22 AM
I guess the GOP took Georgia, despite all the millions the Dems poured into it. That's four now, and boy CNN looked pretty glum. Low voter turner , that's what they suggested..lol

If you can believe it, they were actually blaming the RAIN for the Democrats losing that one! Ha ha.

However, one would think that feminists and the identity politic-loving left would be celebrating a rich donor-backed white male losing to a strong woman (the first woman ever elected to Congress in that state).

H.L.
21-06-2017, 09:43 AM

If you can believe it, they were actually blaming the RAIN for the Democrats losing that one! Ha ha.

However, one would think that feminists and the identity politic-loving left would be celebrating a rich donor-backed white male losing to a strong woman (the first woman ever elected to Congress in that state).
LOL! Time to move on Democrats, time to rethink what you're doing!

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 10:28 AM
As if the Republican's ran this election on a shoestring budget. They spent 10's of millions in the most expensive seat. I wonder which part spent more?

H.L.
21-06-2017, 11:23 AM
I guess the guy wasn't even from this area..wth ?, spending so much money, and another loss..crazy, just crazy..

Dave
21-06-2017, 11:36 AM
I guess the guy wasn't even from this area..wth ?, spending so much money, and another loss..crazy, just crazy..

From what I heard he grew up in the area and lived just outside the boundary, so it wasn't like he was from Idaho or something.

I actually think this outcome is better for the Democrats in the long term. The Republicans are on the Trumptanic, its starting to go down but they don't fully realize it yet. The longer they stick with him the worse it will get for them. It's best for the Democrats if he stays in power until after the mid term elections.

However, I suspect some of the more attuned Republicans in Congress must be getting nervous from the close races in supposedly safe districts. There are a lot of others that are not so safe as the one in Georgia.

ralph60
21-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Regarding election spending in Georgia, the Democrat spent $22,500,000.00, the Republican spent $3,150,000.00.
https://www.fec.gov/data/elections/house/GA/06/2018/?tab=comparison

MrOilers
21-06-2017, 12:31 PM
I actually think this outcome is better for the Democrats in the long term.

These outcomes are only good for them if they finally learn that "We hate Trump!" is a losing platform.

Dave
21-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I actually think this outcome is better for the Democrats in the long term.

These outcomes are only good for them if they finally learn that "We hate Trump!" is a losing platform.

Well I guess about 36% of US voters agree with you. The rest disapprove of Trump.

The Republican vote was down by 7% in that Georgia district since last time, making what was a very safe Republican district in the past (they won by large margins ever since 1979) a fairly close race this time. The Republican candidate barely mentioned Trump in this campaign - I don't think he helped her campaign at all. In fact, I think he hurt it considerably.

MrOilers
21-06-2017, 12:55 PM
If that's how the losers of the election choose to comfort themselves, then they should keep it up. No harm in racking up and cherishing those participation trophies.

All I know is that Trump and the Republicans won enough votes to win the Presidency and all of the special elections held since.

kkozoriz
21-06-2017, 01:09 PM
No, Trump won enough electoral college seats to win the presidency. Hillary still had more votes.

Dave
21-06-2017, 01:12 PM
If that's how the losers of the election choose to comfort themselves, then they should keep it up. No harm in racking up and cherishing those participation trophies.

All I know is that Trump and the Republicans won enough votes to win the Presidency and all of the special elections held since.

Well all the special elections were in very safe Republican districts which the Republicans had won previously by 10%, 20% or 30%. I believe they occurred because Trump selected the previous members to serve in administrative positions, so he controlled where they occurred. The next general election will include many Republican districts that are not so safe.

MrOilers
21-06-2017, 01:13 PM
That's the spirit! Keep preaching those moral victories!

Hilman
21-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Always making excuses, sounds very familiar.....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/hillary-excuses-575x323.jpg

Dave
21-06-2017, 01:24 PM
No, Trump won enough electoral college seats to win the presidency. Hillary still had more votes.

Yes, well Trump only got 46.1% of the vote in the Presidential election. The Democrat in the Georgia district got 48.1%. Maybe Donald should have been the one to get the participation trophy.

H.L.
21-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Always making excuses, sounds very familiar.....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/hillary-excuses-575x323.jpg

Exactly!!

seamusmcduffs
21-06-2017, 01:39 PM
All they had to do was take Obama out of context to win votes. It's a lot easier to win an election when you're dishonest.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/pro-trump-group-runs-racially-charged-ad-misquoting-obama-ga-article-1.3259376

H.L.
21-06-2017, 01:41 PM
That ad just made everyone remember how useless Obama was. LOL

Gemini
21-06-2017, 01:54 PM
I remember the elation a lot of people felt when Obama got elected. First colored American President was (and still is) a huge accomplishment. Nobody should downplay that. Then as Obama got settled in the longer he was there the less he seemed to do. Sure he tried to leave a legacy of Obama Care but that whole health care bill still ended up being a shambles in the end. The whole democratic party does need a major shake from the top, in attitude and deeds. To many career politicians that are way past their due dates. Set in their ways and just going through the motions. Talking heads on the TV spouting meaningless rhetoric rather than getting things done. Good on Obama for being the first colored president but he could hardly be called a mover and a shaker. Hillary, well, she went down in flames. She did not take her defeat well and neither did her followers. Sore losers who unfortunately will have an axe to grind as long as Trump is in the W H. Democrats wasting their energy on Trump instead of actually looking for the changes needed from within the party.

Medwards
21-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Obama would've been able to do more if dems controlled both houses like Trump and Republicans currently do.

If the Dems need a shake up, so do the rebs. There's just as many career politicians in either party.

ralph60
21-06-2017, 02:34 PM
The Democrats controlled both houses for the first 2 years of Obama's presidency.

Medwards
21-06-2017, 02:44 PM
which agrees with what Gemini is saying: "Then as Obama got settled in the longer he was there the less he seemed to do. " He seemed to do less, because he was handcuffed by not controlling both houses.

Medwards
21-06-2017, 02:45 PM
The afforable health care (Obamacare) act was good. It's now destroyed by the republicans under Trump.

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Regarding election spending in Georgia, the Democrat spent $22,500,000.00, the Republican spent $3,150,000.00.
https://www.fec.gov/data/elections/house/GA/06/2018/?tab=comparison
Posting fake news?

Correction from your data

Dem $23,600,861.14
Rep #1 $4,555,808.76
Rep #2 $2,025,263.05
Rep #3 $717,500.76
Rep #4 $678,889.34
Rep #5 $523,032.87

Gemini
21-06-2017, 02:54 PM
The afforable health care (Obamacare) act was good. It's now destroyed by the republicans under Trump.
Well it appears the second year the Obamacare Act was in place the premiums were set to increase dramatically for people it covered. The premiums were underestimated for the cost of running the U S system. It was a nice try by Obama but even he could not keep premium cost down.

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Obama made a fatal mistake. When he ran into the deliberate obstructionist policies of the GOP that decided to oppose even bipartisan and Republican ideas such as Romney Care, Obama should have changed tactics rather than trying to appease Republicians and the health insurance companies that take 30 percent off the top just to refuse coverage.

IMHO, he should have just demonstrated that the Medicare and Medicaid acts ( Medicare was a Republican idea initiated under President Eisenhower) was discriminatory by age and simply dropped eligibility age to ZERO and created a single payer system like Canada and hung the health insurance companies out to dry.

Gemini
21-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Way to much privatization in the American system. It's entrenched because it's lucrative for doctors and the whole industry surrounding it. A bandage applied at a hospital costing 25 cents translates to $25.00 on your bill. Not to mention the fee for seeing the doctor, x-rays etc. Doctors retiring at 55 and their millionaires. Private Insurance companies going along for the ride as there are massive profits to be made. Nobody will change it because the take home pay is to tempting.

ralph60
21-06-2017, 05:25 PM
PRT, The link is there, you need to learn how to read before you accuse me of fake news.
The election yesterday was between two candidates, you've included the spending for the original vote 2 months ago.
Also you're quoting receipts, not expenditures.
Keep spinning, it's fun to watch you squirm.

Spudly
21-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Obama made a fatal mistake. When he ran into the deliberate obstructionist policies of the GOP that decided to oppose even bipartisan and Republican ideas such as Romney Care, Obama should have changed tactics rather than trying to appease Republicians and the health insurance companies that take 30 percent off the top just to refuse coverage.

Obama;s fatal mistake was earlier, with his first budget proposal. He presented it as a fait accompli that he he went to Republicans for comments, and then ignored them. That got Republicans' backs up and lead to their obstructionist strategy.

Not to pick a side, but that's what history seems to show, based on some PBS Frontline docs I've seen and follow-up reading.

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 07:53 PM
IMHO, I got it right the first time.

The Republicans had that obstructionist dinner immediately after Obama won the election.

Here is the Frontline Documentary

The Republicans’ Plan for the New President
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-republicans-plan-for-the-new-president/

They would even oppose Obama's plans to rebuild the economy after the economic collapse from the Bush administration.

Tens of thousands of people lost their homes unnecessarily because the Republicans blocked Obama at every turn.

champking
21-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Of course Obama got it wrong he a lefty

Edmonton PRT
21-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Wow! Champking Obvious

Didn't you know he was left handed?

Hilman
23-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot
Published June 23, 2017 Fox News

A Nebraska Democratic Party official was removed from his post on Thursday after an audio recording surfaced of him saying he's “glad” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got shot last week.

Phil Montag, now-former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, was recorded saying he wishes Scalise, R-La., were “dead.”

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag said in the audio recording. “I wish he was [expletive] dead.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/caught-on-tape-dem-official-says-hes-glad-scalise-got-shot.html

champking
23-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot
Published June 23, 2017 Fox News

A Nebraska Democratic Party official was removed from his post on Thursday after an audio recording surfaced of him saying he's “glad” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got shot last week.

Phil Montag, now-former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, was recorded saying he wishes Scalise, R-La., were “dead.”

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag said in the audio recording. “I wish he was [expletive] dead.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/caught-on-tape-dem-official-says-hes-glad-scalise-got-shot.html

Bunch of nutters ... should lock them all up in the looney bin

kkozoriz
23-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Utterly unacceptable and it's a good thing that he's been removed from his post.

overoceans
23-06-2017, 07:53 PM
I'd be willing to bet that whenever a controversial public figure gets assaulted or killed, there are lots of otherwise respectable people chuckling to themselves "Heh, that jerk had it coming".

overoceans
23-06-2017, 08:00 PM
^ Even on this site, I remember during the airport debate someone saying they wanted to punch Charles Allard in the face.

Granted, Allard never actually got punched in the face by anyone, but had that happened, I'm kind of doubting that the people who were saying stuff like that would switch to having nothing but the most sympathetic thoughts about Charles Allard.

champking
23-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Who the heck was Allard ? Wasn't it ' forward with Dorward'

KC
16-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Interesting:

Does the US need more minority gun clubs? - BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-42342471/why-this-us-woman-is-backing-minority-gun-clubs

Drumbones
17-12-2017, 06:47 PM
The US way. Loading up on guns and ammo and shooting skills for protection against trigger happy whites, and so on and so on and so on.