PDA

View Full Version : Kingsway AMA front parking lot construction what's going on?

DebraW
25-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know what is going on (being built or renovated) on the Kingsway AMA? Right on Kingsway and 109 Street in the front of the building where the parking lot used to be.

There has been fencing and excavation for a few weeks now. Other than the signs which tell people the office is open during construction and where to park I have not noticed any signs explaining what it being done.

Anyone have the 411 on this work? :D

sweetcrude
25-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know what is going on (being built or renovated) on the Kingsway AMA? Right on Kingsway and 109 Street in the front of the building where the parking lot used to be.

There has been fencing and excavation for a few weeks now. Other than the signs which tell people the office is open during construction and where to park I have not noticed any signs explaining what it being done.

Anyone have the 411 on this work? :D

I don't have the exact details, but I was in there about a month ago and was speaking to the nice woman behind the counter about what was going on. She mentioned something about it being the new building for the AMA.

I'm not really sure if that meant that the old one would be torn down, but the way she was describing the state of the current building, I certainly wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure there are more people around these here parts that know more of the details.

:-D

DebraW
25-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks!

A new building for the AMA there would be great (really spruce up that corner) and by the looks of the excavation I am thinking they are putting in underground parking too, also needed.

I am hoping someone has some renderings...

Medwards
25-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I've heard it will look similar to the K division across the street... not the same but something close... with the curve and all

IanO
26-06-2007, 11:11 AM
^i have heard the same...should make a world of difference on that corner.

Edmcowboy11
26-06-2007, 09:20 PM
That would be really nice to see. I would make that area look sooooooo much better.

Next thing has to be done is update kingsway mall and rebuild the hotel into something much nicer.

Medwards
14-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Theres now a rendering available of whats going on here on the site. Still nothing I've found on the internet

DebraW
14-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Theres now a rendering available of whats going on here on the site. Still nothing I've found on the internet

^ Thanks!

kona
15-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Is it a tower?

Oops, there is a darn airport in the way :o

DebraW
15-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Is it a tower?

Oops, there is a darn airport in the way :o

:lol:

kilocar
19-08-2007, 01:42 PM
I think the hole they have bulit is rather attractive. Maybe it will be an upside down tower.

Medwards
19-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Sorry folks I don't believe this structure I saw a rendering for will be taller then the RCMP K division across the street. Probably shorter. Has some nice glass on it.

The 1 or 2 floors they've dug out is likely for a small parkade for both their buildings as this building sits where the parking lot used to be.