PDA

View Full Version : Sushi Sugoi replacing Outback Steakhouse (South)

Terry_H
25-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Just drove past the old Outback on Calgary Trail and saw signs for this new restaurant Sushi Sugoi. It says it's opening soon and a quick google search shows they are lookin for staff. Fingers crossed that it churns out good sushi!

IanO
25-09-2013, 06:08 PM
As in right beside Japanese village?

bigbear522
25-09-2013, 11:39 PM
We'll not physically but you get the point.

Legacy
26-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Hope it's good.. lots of great selection of sushi in the south side already.. Mikado, Tomo, Wasabi to name a few.

From the sounds of the ad on Kijiji it'll be Korean owned.

Chmilz
26-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Ugh, why can't a good sushi place open in the northside Outback location? We always get the shaft up here. Outback sucks.

Legacy
26-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Chmilz, if you're not opposed to driving to St Albert, there's two excellent choices there - Ohana-Ya and Yuzen, with the second being my favorite.

Sumo Sumo in Sherwood isn't bad, service there leaves a lot to be desired however.

richardW
26-09-2013, 07:14 PM
awesome news. more sushi places is just dandy with me
(wish there was a reasonably priced place for good take out though)

Chmilz
26-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Chmilz, if you're not opposed to driving to St Albert, there's two excellent choices there - Ohana-Ya and Yuzen, with the second being my favorite.

Sumo Sumo in Sherwood isn't bad, service there leaves a lot to be desired however.
Yuzen is closer than Kyoto on Jasper... is it as good as Kyoto on Jasper? If it is I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Legacy
27-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Yuzen is far superior to Kyoto (in my opinion)... though Kyoto ranks pretty high for Chinese owned sushi to me. Japanese owned sushi here is slim, so I tend to go for those over the Chinese/Korean sushi restaurants..

Let us know what you think..

Terry_H
17-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Now open! Can't find any info except for a few reviews:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/131/1795374/restaurant/Heritage/Sushi-Sugoi-Edmonton

Terry_H
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Been to this place a couple times now. Sushi is very fresh and delish. Price is a bit higher than Kyoto, but lower than Mikado (what isn't). Service was not too bad. Went on a Weds night and there were about 5 other tables. Went last Saturday and it was packed. Good option for southside sushi.

bpeters
01-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Ugh, why can't a good sushi place open in the northside Outback location? We always get the shaft up here. Outback sucks.

Give Sushi Express (Miki) a try at Belmont Shopping Centre 137 Ave/ Vic Trail. Owner moved back here from Montreal, owned a couple of sushi places there.