PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable boats

KC
02-05-2013, 10:44 AM
We've decided to pick up an inflatable boat and I'm just wondering about people's experiences with them. Hopefully we'll be using it on the North Sask. a lot.

I've been looking at Zodiac, Zebec, Mercury.

workworkwork
02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
We have a Zebec, new last August. Used it with our electric motor. Easy to set up, pretty heavy all loaded up, but I would think that not would vary much between brands. The whole package will fit in our suv but may not with a gas motor. We are going to get a gas motor anyway so we can get on the river, too. Look at the different keels, to choose the one that will suit you best.

microfiche
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Have always used cheap inflatable boats to float down the river - works well. I would recommend a paddle or two for when you "land" on shore

KC
03-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah, we have a river canoe and have taken it down the river. That's the nicest way to experience the river valley.

KC
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
We have a Zebec, new last August. Used it with our electric motor. Easy to set up, pretty heavy all loaded up, but I would think that not would vary much between brands. The whole package will fit in our suv but may not with a gas motor. We are going to get a gas motor anyway so we can get on the river, too. Look at the different keels, to choose the one that will suit you best.

What length did you decide on and for how many passengers?

Any other considerations?

KC
07-05-2013, 12:33 AM
The purchase is on hold after talking to a guy that has a lot of experience on the N.Sask. I'll have to ask a bunch more questions and rethink boat size, type and power or resign myself to just using an inflatable on lakes when camping.