PDA

View Full Version : Candidate Vishal Luthra

Admin
21-09-2010, 05:03 PM
This thread is to ask questions of Candidate Vishal Luthra Councillor Ward 11.

All members are asked to allow the Candidate to post first in his or her thread. This is to allow the Candidate ample opportunity to introduce their background, platform, and any other information they may feel is pertinent to this discussion.

All decorum expected of members in the C2E Ask Forums will be expected here. An addendum is that posters may ask as many questions as they wish, but they are also politely asked to follow any instructions on posting or reply timelines that the Candidate expresses.

Thank you to all for participating in the 2010 Connect2Edmonton Election Forum!

Vishal Luthra
22-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Why Vishal Luthra?

Edmonton is Vishal’s home, but Ward 11 is his community! He is ready, willing, and able to stand-up and lead his community. Vishal has served at home and abroad in various capacities for most of his adult life. Being a community volunteer, successful entrepreneur, and a decorated Canadian soldier, allows Vishal to understand the needs of his community within Ward 11. And the bottom line is that:

“Vishal truly cares about his community within Ward 11!”

“I will be honest, fair, and I pledge to be your voice at City Hall. Our message will be heard – I guarantee it! And you decide what our message at city hall will be! Community Welfare is my top priority.” Vishal Luthra

Here are some of Vishal’s thoughts:
- Edmonton deserves transparency in government, where the citizens are informed, and then consulted on major decisions. And their voice on decisions, decides the outcome! A monthly community meeting will be started immediately after you elect me as your community leader. You have the right to access your city councilor without a formal request and to be listened to, no matter the issue! And I will prove it!

- My family, friends and businesses are all in Edmonton.

- I have formal education in corporate finance, I understand Balance Sheets, my experience extends far beyond one specific industry.

- As a Licensed Realtor and Mortgage Associate- I conduct business in ward 11.

- I understand the importance of Fair Taxation and how it affects property values.

- While knocking doors, Ward 11 community members told me that: "City Hall needs to be made aware that Public Safety is extremely important to them". My understanding of public safety can assist all of us in making our city safer.

- I have served with Canadian Forces as a decorated Soldier abroad and within Canada.

- Edmonton is very important to me and the residents of this great city are very dear to me due to strong personal ties in our community.

"You can rely on me on being your VOICE at the City Hall."

Education

Vishal graduated from -J Percy Page High School - Graduate -Ward 11

Vishal graduated from -Northern Alberta Institute of Technology - Business Administration Program (Finance Major)

Vishal attended University of Lethbridge - Bachelor of Management Program

Vishal attended GMCC Police Studies Program

Military Service

Vishal served with honour and distinction in Canadian Forces.

Vishal served on the NATO peacekeeping mission in Bosnia.

Vishal have been decorated with both Canadian Peace Keeping and NATO service medals.

Municipal Service

Vishal have served as a Constable for the City of Yellowknife

Business Service

Vishal has performed real estate talk shows, instilling confidence in the market when consumers were uncertain about the coming future.

Vishal is a member of the Realtors Association of Edmonton.

Vishal is a Licensed Mortgage Associate with the Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association.

Vishal is the COO of IRONCO Group of Companies- A company specialize in real estate investments, new home construction, security services and land development.

Personal Note

I know that Edmonton is the best place for my family. While personal devotion and hard work have rewarded me, I feel the greatest honour bestowed upon me has been the privilege of performing public service in a great city. As a long term community member in the City of Edmonton, I have served as a volunteer for many community organizations and events, including the Edmonton Police Service. The quiet, friendly neighborhoods, dynamic schools, bustling shopping areas, wonderful parks, super libraries and great people have earned Edmonton a special place in my heart. Ward 11 residents should understand that I am their VOICE at the City Hall, I am only a phone call away.

Learn more about my by visiting my website: www.joinluthra.ca (http://www.joinluthra.ca)

Edmcowboy11
23-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Hello Vishal

Thank you for taking the time to come and officially answer questions here on C2E.

One of the first questions I have for you is, With a fairly large population that you want to represent, how do you forsee facilitating the communication between yourself and the people in ward 11. I see that you wish transparency in government and you want to keep dialogue open between people and yoursefl. Do you see this task attainable and are you ready and willing to keep up communications for the entire term in office?

Second question, how strongly do you feel about LRT coming to millwoods and is there anything you can see doing to help fast track construction?

Finally, when it comes to larger issues that affect many people within the community, either for ward 11 or for the entire city as a whole, where do you see your role as a councillor for making the decision for the issue that would be present. Should you be the one to speak for the people of ward 11, or should the people of ward 11 decide directly (by plebicite) on all major issues.

Thank you for your time.