PDA

View Full Version : Any info on 'the century'

M
07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi,
My husband and I are looking for a two bedroom (or 1B+den) kind of a condo downtown. We looked at The Century and were offered a rate which boils down to $385 per sq feet. (329,000 for some 850sq ft).
Would someone know if this is too steep for a condo located at 104St jasper av? Any suggestions about other places?
I read a discussion on C2E that said that 'The Ten' was a big no-no.. Does C2E have some sort of a ranking system for condos that I could look at...
Any help will be much appreciated! :)

IanO
07-02-2007, 06:53 PM
other than perhaps my own opinions on the aesthetics of the tower, it is built very well and maintained very well. I have heard mostly if not all good things about living there other than the kitchens being cave like, it is a good buy. Location is TOP NOTCH, right in the middle of the city on the best downtown street with farmers market in summer and close to everything.

no condo ranking system on c2e, but enough informed people on here to comment should you have a building you are interested in.

ChrisD
08-02-2007, 12:41 AM
I would agree with Ian O's assessment. Built well, questionable exterior aesthetics, location is fantastic.

RichardS
08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
The location is fantastic, which is why some lament the exterior treatments.

However, one suite I did get to see inside was pleasing to the eye. They decorated well and the layout was fine for what they needed. It is entirely up to you.

M
08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Thank you all! We've put in an offer, hope things go well.
Cheers

auditor
08-02-2007, 07:16 PM
The corner units are the nicers ones as they have a more open feeling to them.

Goodluck with your offer and let us know if you get it.