PDA

View Full Version : possible move to Edmonton

jen
30-01-2007, 09:58 PM
we are currently considering some options due to a possible move to Edmonton, and I've been reading through the threads with regard to lofts and apartments. With a family of 5, 3 children aged 9-14 years old, what is the reality of finding a suitable loft, inner city, to accommodate families.

I would appreciate any ideas on this

metro
30-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Railtown on 111 street and 102 ave(downtown west) has a neighbourhood of 2-3 bedroom townhomes with attached garage. There are schools/transit and shopping in the area. you could check to see if any are for sale.

jen
30-01-2007, 10:55 PM
thank you and do you know if there is a web site for this?

IanO
30-01-2007, 11:09 PM
www.mls.ca is best

www.comfree.ca also works.....

there are many options for families downtown, but to be honest youd be hard pressed to find a "loft" that would work for your situation. Sure it can be done, hell i hope im still in a loft at that point, but it is hard.

perhaps a townhouse in cloverdale or even oliver.

best of luck

jen
30-01-2007, 11:13 PM
thanks guys,

just to get a sense of city living in edmonton as we would like to be central and am not too sure of what's the best way to go.

but really do appreciate the feedback

IanO
30-01-2007, 11:17 PM
thanks guys,

just to get a sense of city living in edmonton as we would like to be central and am not too sure of what's the best way to go.

but really do appreciate the feedback

try "cloverdale" or "oliver" or "railtown"

1st is 5min drive from downtown in a great family area and walkable in good weather in say 15min. Lots of townhouses.

2nd and 3rd are downtown walkable or 5min car ride and urban but still quiet relatively speaking.

DebraW
30-01-2007, 11:17 PM
A site to check out for information about moving to Edmonton (aptly!) called move to edmonton is at http://www.movetoedmonton.com/.

BTW, as a former Aussie girl myself I have to say that Edmonton is wonderful, with warm friendly people and the cost of living is decent (although rising). Edmonton has great events and festivals and our public school system is fantastic.

Cheers and good luck.

DanC
30-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Look for a place in Strathearn, its nice and central...as an added bonus I live there!

onishenko
31-01-2007, 06:23 PM
possibly "riverdale" as well.

WMelhem
03-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Look for a place in Strathearn, its nice and central...as an added bonus I live there!

Thats why I would stay away from Strathearn. Then again I'm in Oliver so that kills 2 great Edmonton neighbourhoods who both intresting enough have a francophone school in them.