PDA

View Full Version : standing up for Canada

earlea
07-01-2007, 01:08 AM
I am sorry if I got everyone up set on we were here first I guess that was a little childlike. However when it comes to the rules of other nations that have come here we have to go accordingly to their rules and not ours. I just think we should stand up more in these cases.

LindseyT
07-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Season's greetings to you!

Anybody geeting offended, be it non-christians (like me) when somebody says merry christmas, or christians claiming their under attack when a business decides to say season's greetings, needs to take a chill pill.

"after all we were here first"

you have a serious flaw in your logic.

LindseyT
07-01-2007, 01:32 AM
earlea: If you want this to be a serious discusion I recommend re-wording your post.

onishenko
07-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I would sure like to see companies as a whole in Canada wish everybody a Merry Cristmas to everyone as opposed to season greetings--------after all we were here first-----so lets all do like the Romans do we have to do it in their Countries---Lets stand up for a change

I see this is your first post here Earlea, so welcome to the forum.

The "we were here first" or "foundation of our country" argument really doesn't hold water in a country who's present diversity, economics and cultural differs greatly from the overwelming WASP population some 140 years ago. Perhaps we should be submitting to First Nation rituals and practices if you want to continue down this logic.

Is this really a hill to die on? In the end, it's all just semantics, and it comes down to what people actually do during their holiday time anyways.

Glenco
07-01-2007, 07:23 AM
I remember growing up in England years ago and seasons greetings was a very common sentiment. I don't remember anyone being offended or demanding we "stand up for England". I think this thread should be removed.

Upon further reflextion seasons grettings was refering to Christmas and new years celebrations. To some people, especially the Scots, new years is a bigger celebration.

grish
07-01-2007, 12:31 PM
--------after all we were here first-----

who is we? we the nations who lived here prior to the colonization?

RichardS
13-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I received a post report on here...keep it civil folks...this has the potential to be a flame war from hell. Facts and data please. :wink: