PDA

View Full Version : Sales Season

ludba
09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
When does the Xmas/New Year sales usually end?
Just wondering if by 11th of January I will still be able to take advantage and buy stuffs cheaper...
I'll be landing around that time and will need to buy furnitures and household stuffs, being a newcomer.

RichardS
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
The January "White Sales" (aka get rid of inventory before you report your final #'s) will be in full swing by then...

ludba
09-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanx! Any hint on where first to look for not so fancy furnitures?

RichardS
09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Chain Stores like the Brick or Leon's offer some not so expensive choices and interesting financing plans...but you are going for price there. The stuff is not high end quality but will do most homeowners proud.

Barry N
09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
You can also try,every Edmontonian's favourite...... Ikea.

ludba
09-12-2006, 04:34 PM
may be even gotta look for those garage sales or what d ya call it here?

DebraW
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
may be even gotta look for those garage sales or what d ya call it here?

Yes, we call them garage sales here in Edmonton.

Winter months like January, February are not the best or busiest time for garage sales due to the weather and snow. In the spring and well into the summer there are garage sales throughout the city however.

We also have market sales called "Flea markets" that run all year in fixed locations and these could be a good source. As well, there is a publication called the "Bargain Finder" that comes out every week that lists pages and pages of items for re-sale. Great deals can be found if you are patient. 8)

ludba
11-12-2006, 09:41 AM
yep. Guess gotta take it slow till I get something worthy.
I will just keep looking and make it a part of my orientation/adaptation program.

DebraW
11-12-2006, 09:47 AM
ludba,

You seem to have a great "can do" attitude and your "slow and steady" mindset will be a great addition to Edmonton.

I look forward to your posts on your impressions and experiences when you arrive in Edmonton!

ludba
12-12-2006, 06:54 AM
got my word on that, djgirl