PDA

View Full Version : High Level Bridge access

Jeff
23-11-2006, 03:27 PM
a pent up rant – the split access points leading to the High Level Bridge – why? Even if you hold to some distant high-speed rail concept, or you have a soft spot for the toy railroaders, don’t you believe there’s some way “the City” could better handle the bridge access to allow a safer and more efficient traffic flow? Night after night after night, sitting in the snail’s crawl – hoping upon hope that some over-sized truck doesn’t enter to complicate things worse.

Suggestion: get rid of the 109th street to 97th ave west turn altogether, close off the west-access road leading to the bridge and come up with a way to provide the same two lane access from the east side/under side of the “berm/rail-track” – even if it required carving a little into the legislature grounds to make it happen.

As it stands drivers utilizing that 97th ave west turn access, in the shortest of spaces, must deal with the influence of 2 cross-walks, 2 sets of lights and a very sharp corner that, on many occasions has resulted in accidents as vehicles traveling too fast hit the curb/sidewalk that fronts the Ezio Faraone park – and, of course, the over-sized trucks that continue to, on occasion, clog that west access road. Add into that mix the traffic flow that comes from 97th ave and vehicles that intend to continue on through to 97th ave / 110th street. It’s a mess.

Note: I do not hold to the belief/presumption that some “far-off” new valley bridge will tremendously reduce the peak traffic flow over the High Level Bridge.

grish
23-11-2006, 03:30 PM
a pent up rant – the split access points leading to the High Level Bridge – why? Even if you hold to some distant high-speed rail concept, or you have a soft spot for the toy railroaders, don’t you believe there’s some way “the City” could better handle the bridge access to allow a safer and more efficient traffic flow? Night after night after night, sitting in the snail’s crawl – hoping upon hope that some over-sized truck doesn’t enter to complicate things worse.

I say keep it the way it is not because I love getting stuck there every evening rush, but because more and more people will start demanding a new bridge. It is already comming up to be the numebr one issue closely followed LRT as I understand it. We need a new bridge desperately. We don't need to keep patching up other bridges.