PDA

View Full Version : Forums going down for a couple of days...

ShermanT
24-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey all,

Just letting you all know that the forums are going to be going down for a couple of days due to a server move. Don't be disappointed though as this short term pain is start of a lot of good things coming to C2E in the future.

Thanks to all members for understanding.

C2E Staff & Mods

Medwards
24-05-2009, 10:30 PM
in an unrelated note, office productivity in Edmonton during this same period is predicted to be up 10-20%

edmontonenthusiast
24-05-2009, 10:37 PM
When is it expected to shut down, tomorrow, tonight? Well, best of luck to the forum changes, I'm sure it'll be better when it is done! although not to knit pick, you should have (If you had the time) done it on the weekend, that way it doesn't take away from the admins job wherever it is, and plus weekends tend to be less busy so less people will be effected.

Medwards
24-05-2009, 11:20 PM

ShermanT
25-05-2009, 06:24 AM
The shutdown will be sometime during the day today. This is due to us having to move the database over to the new server and not wanting to ensure that no data will be lost if people start posting stuff on the old server.

The timing was due to a number of factors, but one of them being that some development work was still unfinished. Obviously, launching on the weekend would have been nice but it didn't work out.

Chmilz
25-05-2009, 09:26 AM
in an unrelated note, office productivity in Edmonton during this same period is predicted to be up 10-20%
I assure you, I'll find new and exciting ways to avoid doing any real work while these forums are down.

Medwards
25-05-2009, 10:37 AM
^ try http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127 during the outage!!

edmontonenthusiast
27-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Welcome Back C2E! ... the emoticons don't seem to work, well a few do, but most of them appear as Xs. Maybe because I am on a public computer and the new server made the emoticons blocked? I dunno.

North Guy66
27-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe it was a good thing this site was down during the announcement of the Oilers new coaching staff. Otherwise the city would of grind to a halt between 10 am to 10 pm yesterday.