PDA

View Full Version : Formatting changes

Medwards
08-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey C2E Admins and site owners.

I love your forum, and the ideas that come from it, and the idea of the forum as well.
I have one dislike though, and thats the way the forum is displayed
I find that the middle section is much too small, in threads

right now, you have it setup like so

| name| post/image| buttons|

which makes images, and even text hard to view, and lots of scrolling just to read one lengthy post.
As a self proclaimed Forum Whore, I find that the best forums are setup like this

---------------------------------
|name/topic/date/buttons|
---------------------------------
|post / images here..........|

I hope you people understand what I'm trying to demonstrate here.

m0nkyman
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I think pretty much everyone with a monitor set to smaller than 1280x960 probably does. :?

ShermanT
08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
This has been noted. Thanks for the suggestion.

RichardS
08-11-2006, 07:10 PM
You like the VBulletin set up then....header and footer for the control icons like QUOTE and PM and the like....

Medwards
07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, its been 5 months since I made the first suggestion. I've heard no real feedback. I've heard lots of complaints about "wasted" space, and not being able to view "normal size" images. I've "bumping" my thread as I've found a few more pictures on this site that after reading a long post you have to scroll to view the 2/3s of the image.

Click on my thumbnail to view this image better...
red= wasted space
blue= move this to the top
yellow= expand this area to cover the full horizontal of the page

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/175/c2espacewastejt1.th.jpg (http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c2espacewastejt1.jpg)

Is there any sort of plan to upgrade or change this around?

NoreneS
22-06-2007, 12:46 AM
We made a few upgrades in the spring, and will look at making additional adjustments mid-summer - specifically a few design changes to reduce the amount of scrolling within the forum as suggested.

I can officially say this is in the queue.

Thank-you for suggestions and your patience!

Medwards
22-06-2007, 07:38 AM
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Happy In Ottewell
09-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm new to this forum and the first thing I've noticed is that you can't search for a topic by keyword. I'm having difficulties trying to find the thread I've posted in. Many forums give you an option of Keyword Search. Is this something that you might be willing to move to?

DebraW
09-07-2007, 01:47 PM
You can search for a topic by keyword in ”Forum search” and can narrow it down to author, date posted ascending or descending, what forum it was posted in (i.e. Great Ideas or Politics) and you then can specify the search to display the characters of the post from all available to 1000.

m0nkyman
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Top of the page on the blue bar, right hand side. Next to 'Become a Member!"

Happy In Ottewell
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks - I was expecting it to be in plain site. I appreciate it.