PDA

View Full Version : One small idea...

chupa
04-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Something I never see enough of is Edmonton advertising itself.We really are the gateway to the north/Jasper etc.I have been to seattle and see a Horizon/alaska airlines sign that promoted Calgary but nowhere else.I think a marketing campaign for the Edmonton/Jasper/north area is something that could and should be done.I would propose putting up billboards at airports that we have service to in the U.S such as Denver,Chicago,LAX,etc...The billboards would show a mosiac of Edmonton and area (a nice shot of our downtown and river valley,The mountains near Jasper,Buffalo at wood buffalo park,The Edmonton queen etc.Maybe a joint agreement with a airline at the airport in the respective city such as UA at DEN with a slogan reading ''your just a flight away'' to Edmonton ''the gateway to beauty''.Our city and area is beautiful and we have something very special with access to unspoiled regions around our city.Its time we realized we are not the little brother of Calgary anymore and we just might have more to offer...

Sonic Death Monkey
05-11-2006, 10:46 AM
I believe my advertising blitzkreig contest idea would already touch upon some of this, especially the mosiac billboards in other cities! :wink: