PDA

View Full Version : SouthGate TC is so cold today

Solaris
14-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Ok so I know they are eventually going to build it but when it's -45 with the windchill, ets should be putting something in place to keep warm in. eg: one of those temp shelters they had last year at SG Temp TC, or just have a bus idling so patrons can sit in and keep warm. (what is that platinum bus the city bought doing anyway???). On off hours the wait between transfers can be 15+ minutes. This weather is far to cold for that. It maybe not so bad if the mall is open, but after hours it can be a cold wait. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!! ETS. I am surprised ets didn't see this coming, this weather was forecast all week, they should have had a plan in place. They should have had a communication plan too on the website and for the call center. Boy ETS dropped the ball on this one.....

richardW
14-12-2008, 02:05 PM
thanks for putting some fear in me. i gotta start taking the bus in Jan and im not really looking forward to it :(

ike9126
14-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Yea, I was wondering what ETS was plannign to do when the temperature dropped. Having 100 plus people jam into those tiny bus shelters there just doesnt work.

Edmonton PRT
14-12-2008, 04:34 PM
http://images.aad.gov.au/img.py/2aa4.jpg

Waiting for the bus at Southgate Transit Centre

soycd
15-12-2008, 12:28 PM
On off hours the wait between transfers can be 15+ minutes. This weather is far to cold for that.

I assume that you never grew up on a farm and as a child had to wait in the freezing cold prairie wind for the school bus?

Solaris
15-12-2008, 06:56 PM
On off hours the wait between transfers can be 15+ minutes. This weather is far to cold for that.

I assume that you never grew up on a farm and as a child had to wait in the freezing cold prairie wind for the school bus?

the sturgeon school division used to cancel bus service and everyone stayed home or parents drove the kids when it was this cold when i was in school.

Edmonton PRT
15-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I used to walk a mile to school every day from grade four on. When it got down to -30C my dad would drive me in the morning, what a treat! I still had to walk back home in the afternoon.

Later I started taking ETS but sometimes after waiting for a bus at
-25C that was 45 minutes late I would walk home and still get home before it did. I guess service has not changed much since then....

I gave me a lot of time to dream about the day when we would build a transit system that waited for you rather than waiting for it.;)